• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
john-melbourne

Fans Running For A While After Engine Switched Off.

GLPoomobile

Check that the radiator fan switch hasn't fallen off and hanging down if its not sat on the rad it will detect the hotness a lot later and cool down later too if you follow my drift???

the fan switch should be located on top of the rad near thepassenger headlight, its a round silver thing and has 3 wires coming out of it to a multiplug

No. You are describing the fan speed resistor, which controls the slow/fast speed. Where it's positioned is neither here nor there in this scenario (obviously you don't want it dangling about the place) as it's doesn't react to heat. The fan switch - which measures the coolant temperature and controls the fans switching on/off - is plugged in to the side of the radiator. You'd know all about it if this had fallen off as you'd be pissing coolant out the side of the radiator at an alarming rate (well, for the minute or so it'd take the system to empty completely!).

• Like 1

john-melbourne

Just ordered the new rad, so will be fitting that when it comes. As suggested above i will be fitting new jubilee clips, can anyone remember how many and what size i would need, i am not with the car at the moment but want to get some on my way home from work.

Thanks Guys.

John

Sign in to follow this