• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ShrediKnight

Looking For Service Parts..?

ShrediKnight

Hi and sorry for rubbish first post. Been on the site for a while but due to personal stuff not very active, at all.

Have owned my 1.9 gti for a couple of years now. Really need to giver her a proper service with new ht leads, dissy cap, spark plugs, rotor arm etc, etc?

Have been looking for a sticky and can't find one at moment. Would really like to get the best stuff possible so any help much appreciated. Have tried searching but not come up with much yet.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark

johnnyboy666

http://www.eurocarparts.com/

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

they'll sort you out for some things, main pug dealers will help you with others, but main dealer prices are usually not cheap.

simple service items like rotor arms etc, halfords usually are ok for that kinda thing. And can be cheaper if you get yourself a trade card.

hope that helps a little

and welcome to the forum!

pug_ham

In addition to those above, motaquip sell oe parts at discounted rates & often the exact same item(wishbones), if you have one near you.

My local motor factor stocks oe Peugeot / Citroen Parflux oil filters for less than gsf/ecp so I'm sure somewhere near you will have the same.

g

ShrediKnight

Thanks so much for those links. There seems to be some massive price differences on some parts e.g a rotor arm from £4.08 to £20.70. Is there any reference to which to buy or just go with most expensive you can afford?!!

Thanks so much for quick reply and hope to be on the forum a hell of a lot more from now on.

Mark

S@m

Rememeber that dealers can give good discount on service parts if you can charm them - I know i can give 50% on oil filters, 40% on other filters/spark plugs/brake pads and things like that. Given the high starting price it just about brings them close to factor parts but at least they are good oe quality. The key is charming your local parts dept :lol:

Sam

Another thing that few people seem to know (even dealers for that matter) is that you can get a lot of motaquip parts direct from the dealers - theres a specific motaquip eCat for citroen and another for peugeot that i bet most dealers are not even aware of.

Edited by Sam306

Alan77

For dizzy cap, rotor arm and spark plugs, these can be found in Halfords or motor factors. Look for Bosch or Intermotor. I use Bosch super4 spark plugs.

For oil i have always used Mobil Super S (now S2000) 10/40 semi synthetic and look for Perflux oil filters.

I also have Motaquip leads. Air filters are also peanuts from Motaquip.

As mentioned above, look for Motaquip or Lemforder for mechanical parts like wishbones, drop-links and track rod ends. They will last you much longer than cheaper alternatives...

ShrediKnight

Thanks for thos tips as well. Looking forward to getting these bits in the car!

Thanks,

Mark

Sign in to follow this