• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dandu

Xu 8V Turbo Component Package Of Dp - Engineering ... Any Experiences?

Dandu

Hi mates,

I'm in need to replace my original turbo charger (Peugeot) and I'm weighing the options. I've found the following kit - probably many of you already know - while crawling the pages of dp-engineering:

http://www.dp-engine...xu_8v_compo.php

I do prefer the stainless steel exhaust manifold and a GT2860RS turbo charger.

What do you think about it? What are the chances to install it successfully in my 205 CTi? Has anyone ever done it? I can sense some trouble coming up attaching the catalytic converter (originating from a Citroen XM) and finding enough space between engine and bulkhead for the exhaust manifold and the rather big turbo charger. I'm very curious about it!

What are your experiences with DP - Engineering? Are they reliable? Do their products meet proper quality standards? What about shipment? Will it last thousands of years till the package is sent? ;) Any experiences with DP-Engineering are welcome.

Cheers Dandu

Edited by Dandu

Dandu

There is no one, who ever applied this package? I'm very surprised.

Unfortunately there is no response from DP-Engineering either. One week ago I sent them some questions about the package, but to no avail.

It seems like this company does not exist anymore, or (should I say?) never really existed.

It's a pity. Cheers Dandu

joris_andriesse

Your verry wrong about that. Email can be a problem some times, athough most of the time their responce is quick.

About the products they sell, perfect!

They aren't cheap, but their quality/service/knowledge is the best.

Dandu

You bolster me. ... If I don't get you wrong, you also want to tell me, DP is still in business. I'd like that. Thus, I've to practice in patience. ;)

Perhaps it's the better option to call them.

Cheers Dandu

wicked

You better call them... They are located near to my work and are very busy.

The stuff is designed for 205's, so it will fit for sure.

Henry Yorke

From what I hear, their stuff is good quality. You won't get a lot of info on here as the forum is mostly UK based and there is a tendency for naturally aspirated engine over turbo, and the Turbo Technics conversion was more popular in this country and is the obvious choice due to availability.

Try the dutch and german sites as they seem to prefer turbo power and are also cat sensitive with the stricter emissions restrictions.

Also you can only get the real benefits of this turbo package if you have a proper mappable ECU, though I am sure it would run on the standard XU10J2TE system

Dandu

Much thanks for your assessment, Henry. I'll give it a try (with the dutch and german sites).

I think, the package has fulfilled a purpose in case it helps me to replace the broken turbo charger only. The original Peugeot turbo charger costs 2200 Euro, the package nearly the same ... in addition the package is giving me the chance to increase the power output later (after adjusting the engine management, replacing the injector nozzles probably etc.) At first the package will revitalise my car, secondly it will be a proper foundation to go on tuning.

Cheers Dandu

wicked

2200 euro is a lot for a new T25!! Rebuilding it is in the 400 euro's ballpark....

But then you won't so much potential for tuning.

If you go for the DP package, you could consider replacing you cat by a racecat with larger diameter.

Henry Yorke

The PSA T25s are pretty special in design and are not cheap at all (I bought a new one once) Second hand ones are always knackered now so that is a bit of a false economy

Dandu

It's mind-boggling. Peugeot is kind of exploiting their customers ... but the market rules. There is no need to complain.

I'm still looking for opinions about DP and its package. Unfortunately the german sites do not reveal anything else. Perhaps there is one guy, who might be willing to help ... but that's the only option I have these days. Unfortunately I couldn't find some proper dutch sites. Is there anybody, who can suggest some?

Cheers Dandu

joris_andriesse

http://www.extreme-machines.nl/forum/index.php, there is a lot of turbo knowledge (but the site is down for a about 2 weeks already :wacko: ).

But as said before, best to contact them (DP, that is) personally. They have absolutely a lot of knowledge and will be most certain be able to give you the best advice.

wicked

On www.205gti.com there is a conversion story.

P6300015.JPG

Dandu

I've found someone in Germany, who was willing to share ones experiences. He was able to confirm all you have mentioned. I'll do my best to reach DP personally.

@wicked: Unfortunately I was not capable of finding the conversion story, you depicted. I can figure out only two turbo conversions (Eric, Martin) ... and it seems like they have nothing do with DP. Can you help me a little bit further?

Cheers Dandu

wicked

Select dutch language on the site and then "Ombouw verhalen".

Dandu

I got it. ;) Thank you. Cheers Dandu

Sign in to follow this