• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bondo

Gear Linkage

bondo

Missus went to Boots (which is next to Halfords) and when she came out the gear stick was floppy (floppier) and she couldn't get a gear. She gave me a ring and I went to see what was up.

She had by now got a posse of Halfords customers giving it a general twiddle and poke about and they had concluded that the clutch had gone or the gearbox was buggered, This included the 'I am a mechanic' bloke.

There is nothing more satisfying than turning up with a screwdriver, taking the little air intake pipe off, sticking your arm in and popping the gear rod back in its socket. 30 seconds to driving off.

However it will happen again (phase 2 1.6 GTi long gear rod) so is it worth getting these? -I don't want to cut me balls off and rose joint if I can help it.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item519f2659ff

Edited by bondo

welshpug

those will do the trick, no cutting involved, just clip straight on, BUT have a look at the other auctions -

*Note; This is for the 2 shorter rods that attach to the gearbox only (The gearstick to subrame rod is not included but seen in my other listings)
Edited by welshpug

p1234

Ha Ha, a bit pricy at £551 Miles??!

harryskid

Ha Ha, a bit pricy at £551 Miles??!

Those are his special real silver ones :lol:

SurGie

While you are at it, you could buy the two smaller ones, of which i have spare. You can have them (same ones as in your ebay link) for £20 posted, retail on ebay for these are over £30 then postage. They are as new never used.

th_Welderpipespugwheellocksstonechipfloor078.jpg

Miles

Back to normal price now

Sign in to follow this