• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
knopfisk

1.9 Gti. No Spark, No Fuel.

knopfisk

Hi.

I just made an engineswap in my gti. Engine type KDZ (XU9JAZ), with cat.

The new engine won´t start up. It cranks fine, but the fuelpump doesnt prime, and there's no spark. I've done a bit of troubleshooting, and found that the ECU doesnt send signal to fuelrelay (wire 3).

I have measured current everywhere i can think of, and everything seems fine. Ignitionkey switches on the ignition relay, which relays power to fuelrelay.

I´m uploading a diagram in post #2. Maybe someone can take a look.

- Martin

PS: Sorry for bad english.

205.jpg

welshpug

got power at the coil? without power to the coil you wont get an RPM signal via the distributor to the ecu, which in turn activates the fuel pump relay and injectors.

knopfisk

Yup. The coils got power. But i can only measure 5 volt at the ignition module (wire 2B). Faulty coil? And would that prevent the fuelpump from getting ground from ECU?

- Martin

Anthony

Is that a typo in the first post and you meant DKZ with Motronic management?

If so, ignore Welshpug's comments above as that is for the earlier Jetronic models which isn't applicable to Motronic.

Personally, I would replace the crank sensor for a new / known good item if you're sure the injection relay is working correctly. No signal from the crank sensor means no spark/injection and the ECU won't engage the fuel pump relay.

knopfisk

You're right. Dkz motronic 1.3.

The crank sensor is brand new. Can I measure anything the wires connecting to that?

welshpug

doh :lol:

you can test for continuity from the ecu to the crank sensor along both wires, if you have a power probe or an auto multimeter you can crank and see if there's a signal.

Sign in to follow this