• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cush

1.9 Mi16 Leaking Oil From Plug Behind The Flywheel

cush

Hi everyone,

was in the process of replacing the crankshaft oil seal on my 1.9Mi16 (D6C) and come across that it was leaking from the engine plug (if that's what it called) located behind the flywheel:

http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii579/cushion22/?action=view&current=photo2.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I was thinking to try and remove it, clean it, apply some rtv and put back in.

Or can these be replaced?

Sorry if this has been covered I've tried a search but to no avail.

Thanks in advance, Steve.

welshpug

its a 36mm interference core plug, costs £15 from a dealer.

I doubt you could remove it intact.

cush

Great thanks for the quick reply, I'll take a trip to Peugeot tomorrow.

Is there any slim chance you know the part number for this? It can be a right pain getting stuff for an engine that you don't have the reg for :P

welshpug

Go and see Jeff on Colchester avenue and he'll sort you out.

Its the same on all alloy block XU engines,

its 0163 74 btw, say Meirion told you that :D

DamirGTI

Had just the same problem few months ago :

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=137134&st=0&p=1235622&hl=+core%20+plug&fromsearch=1entry1235622

You wont be able to source 36 and 26mm core plugs from the dealer , they don't made them anymore for a quite long time (i tried @ three Peugeot dealers and two Citroen garages - no one had core plugs nor did they've been able to order one ..) , so , you'll need to go to the machinist to make it , just need to tell them which dia. plug you need they'll know the rest how to make it cos it's common practice for them making core plugs for various engines as you can't get them from the dealer for quite a few units being petrol or diesel of all the production brands , especially for older ones ..

Another option is - ask someone who rebuilds engines , pretty sure they'll have a bunch of core plugs made to fit most engines ..

Damir B)

S@m

I had a leak from the same place, mine was noticably proud on one edge so i managed to lever it out without damage, sealed it with RTV and knocked it back in. And just so you know, the plug is definetly still available aswell, i just checked and its on back order but 100% still available. Shame its £13.25+vat!

Sam

cush

I also managed to get it out far more easily than it should of, no wonder it was leaking! Peugeot do still do them around £15 just as welshpug and sam said, but they can't get them for for another 2weeks?!

Seeing as the plug wasn't damaged I've put some instant gasket on and knocked it back in so hopefully that should do the trick, in the process of replacing the crank seal and hockey stick seals now!

Sign in to follow this