• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

1.9 Gti Radiator With Aircon (1.6 Auto Rad)

cRaig

Hello there,

Im trying to sort out my radiator, after the one that came with the aircon stuff turned out to be leaky. I have also remembered that the rad is shorter than the standard GTi radiator, and if my memory serves me corrently I think superjosh told me it was off the 1.6 Auto 205. Does anyone know a decent source of one (part number?) I have found what I think is the right one from GSF, is coming in as 173PC0740 at £102. That sound a decent price for a rad? I was really hoping to use my second hand one, so havent looked into pricing etc!

Thanks

Craig

welshpug

You may be able to get your unit re-cored which would save some faffing trying to get the correct unit if you know yours fits.

rad you link to has the following o.e part cross refs, 1300 K6/K8/x1 and 1330 35.

K6 and 35 come up on SB for ac XU models, K8 for diesel.

looks to be 18mm shorter and a few mm thicker, otherwise looks the same.

price sounds about right for the thicker core units, typically 205 diesel/gti rads wre around 45 and TD near the £100 mark as they are significantly thicker.

Ryan

I've got a genuine Peugeot radiator new in it's box, which I think is for an aircon model. The part number on it is 1301 D4.

I bought it when I did my Mi16 swap, but couldn't fit it as the core was a couple of mm too wide and it fouled the inlet manifold.

cRaig

You may be able to get your unit re-cored which would save some faffing trying to get the correct unit if you know yours fits.

rad you link to has the following o.e part cross refs, 1300 K6/K8/x1 and 1330 35.

K6 and 35 come up on SB for ac XU models, K8 for diesel.

looks to be 18mm shorter and a few mm thicker, otherwise looks the same.

price sounds about right for the thicker core units, typically 205 diesel/gti rads wre around 45 and TD near the £100 mark as they are significantly thicker.

Yeah, that sounds about right, I havent measured it accurately yet, but its at least 15mm shorter, and the width isnt much different. Im a bit more confident that the gsf one might be right after the cross referencing :) Naturally Id rather not spend 100 quid on something that 'may' fit. I certainly need the extra clearance, the standard rad catches the bottom of the slam plate and the catch by quite a margin.

Could you recommend anywhere for a rad recore? its not something I have any experience of

Thanks

I've got a genuine Peugeot radiator new in it's box, which I think is for an aircon model. The part number on it is 1301 D4.

I bought it when I did my Mi16 swap, but couldn't fit it as the core was a couple of mm too wide and it fouled the inlet manifold.

Would you mind telling me the exact measurements of it :)

Thanks

Craig

Ryan

No problem. I'll dig it out when I get chance (tomorrow, maybe Tuesday) and can get whatever measurements/pics you want.

• Like 1

Ryan

The core is 610x293x40 (including the top and bottom supports).

Sign in to follow this