• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Slo

Stop Working Eh?

Slo

Bit of a weird un this one....i changed my dash and full loom from a mark 1 to a mark 2 but kept the original clocks for the milage and ever since the STOP light hasnt worked, it worked before. So....tonight i have taken the clocks apart and have discovered something unusual. While i had the clocks out i had the oil pressure switch and oil pressure guage wires earthed to check for continuity at the dashboard. The pressure was at max but no stop light, tried a multitude of bulb swapping including swapping to the clocks from the mark 2 car still no stop light. Got stressed in the end and did a drum solo on top of it and finished off with a slam dunk which did absolutely bog all except hurt my hands, why do 205s get us like this? In the end thought bollox to it want to go out so putting it all back together now and it can stay not working. While i had the bulbs out i took a picture of the circuit err ribbon? Is that what its called, its certainly not a board, anyway heres what i found...

IMG_20120504_224605.jpg

You can see that the top connection goes to a pin that has no connector in the blue plug that fits on the back of the clocks so how in the hell does the stop light work?

Now thats not the only weird thing, when i put it back together and the dash top back on and switched the ignition on the bloody stop light has now started working so whats going on with the bulb connection thing?

WEIRD