• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

Gti6 Tacho Mod Problems / Issues

allye

Morning all,

To start I will say I've never had a working rev gauge in either of my GTI6 converted cars, the first set of clocks I tried I converted myself and managed to bend the needle a little, however it also presented the issues the same as below. The set of clocks I am now using were converted by Anthony. On start up the needle slowly climbs to this position and will not move until the engine is turned off.

IMG_20120408_194520.jpg

I've been back to Anthony since and it stumped him (First I know!) SO has any one else come across this or similar with a converted tacho?

Cheers, Ali

welshpug

has Anthony tested them on anything other than your car?

Miles

I've never known this mod to work on the 6 engine, Be nice to be proved wrong thou

Anthony

I've not personally tested that on a GTi-6 but have been told that it should work from those that have supposedly done it, and certainly that's the same way that I mod the tacho to work off an Emerald ECU (and an Emerald will work natively on a GTi-6 tacho, suggesting they use the same signal).

The way yours is behaving is odd though, as normally, it'll either work or it won't, rather than reading a random constant value.

I'm happy to post you an unmodified tacho so that you can run one of Spiky's converters (or I'll explain what to change on that one so that it works as before), or if you don't mind waiting a bit, I'll either pull my finger out converting my own car to test or buy the bits to make those tacho converters and send you one FOC..

allye

I was going to take it apart and cut/undo what you've done then as you say try one of steve's. I'll wait and see what yours does when you get round to doing the swap!

Spiky

Bit odd that it does that though

Miles

The mod does work on any aftermarket ECU I have used, Omex, DTA, Luminition,

I'll have a word with my ECU guru when I have a car on the rollers next but he's got limited Pug knowledge so far

Sign in to follow this