• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
luke1987

Turbo Throttle Body

luke1987

Hi all as the throttle body on a 406 turbo is really quite small i thought i would have a go at adapting a gti6 throttle body to fit just wondering if anyone else had thought of this here is a few pics of my progress so far..

Adapter 16mm alloy plate

DSC00176.jpg

Manifold opened out to match throttle body and take-off added for cold start valve.

DSC00177.jpg

Take Off

DSC00178.jpg

Adapter and manifold together will be tig welded together after a few more tweeks.

DSC00180.jpg

And how it will look when all together if all goes to plan.

DSC00181.jpg

Will keep updating as i do a bit comments welcome cheers.

Edited by luke1987

dave205

Has the gti6 throttle body got all the connections for the 406 loom ?

welshpug

yup.

luke1987

As welshpug said all the coonnnections are the same was going to use a gti manifold but looking at it there would be loads more work to make it fit so using the turbo manifold seemed the better option. The only thing that worries be is getting enough heat into the ally to weld it, so a major preheat before hand should hopefully do the trick without distorting the metal will get it rolling roaded after to see what, if any gains are to be had.

dave205

Make sure you get it religiously clean aswell and keep us posted

peter

the limiting factor is the diameter of the inlet runners though...

its been researched before im sure

luke1987

Right been a while since i did anything on this but as i had a spare 5 mins i thought id finish it off so here the pics all assembled and ready to go on.

20120523_181513.jpg

20120523_181549.jpg

20120523_181628.jpg

20120523_181818.jpg

20120523_181858.jpg

20120523_181953.jpg

Welding it up wasnt that bad just had to heat it up a bit with the torch first, So now all that is needed is a 90 degree silicone reducer and then it can go on eager now to see what if any difference they may be cheers.

Edited by luke1987

luke1987

Just a thought going back to what was mentioned before on how limiting the runners are going to be any thoughts anyone?

Sign in to follow this