• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Has Anybody Tried Drilling Hubs For Different Pcd's?

johnnyboy666

as above, has this been done? is there enough space to drill 4x100?

or would there not be enough space on the flange (?) to do so?

only reason I ask is because there are a few wheels that I really like that are 4x100 only and would be good to avoid using bolt on spacers and fannying about with offsets

cheers

John

johnnyboy666

ah that buggers that plan then

allanallen

If you use a thicker hub flange off the later/306 hubs I can't see why you couldn't do it. Not sure what centre bore 100x4 wheels are but that may cause problems if they're considerably different.

Edited by allanallen

welshpug

most 100mm bcd wheels are deeper offsets afaik, so you'd need to be using a spacer anyway, you could use this to get around the centre bore issue.

johnnyboy666

seems like it'd be less hassle just using bolt on adapter/spacers then

the wheels I was thinking of specifically are ATS cups, and I think are available in 63mm centre bore so would need a spigot or hubcentric spacer realistically.

tis just a bit of a pipe dream for one of my 205s, I've already got some adapter/hubcentric spacers, but not had good experiences with them previously

bobdylan_55

ive been thinking about this for a while.

If your after wider track then surely the et offset difference could work to your advantage? Obviously if you go crazy its going to mess things up setupwise, but if your just after 5mm or so then itd work?

you would have to buy matching discs tho remember aswell.

allanallen

ive been thinking about this for a while.

If your after wider track then surely the et offset difference could work to your advantage? Obviously if you go crazy its going to mess things up setupwise, but if your just after 5mm or so then itd work?

you would have to buy matching discs tho remember aswell.

You could re-drill the standard discs very easily

Henry Yorke

I have seen a 205 running old Volvo T5 16" 5 stud alloys on redrilled hubs, but that was an engineers car and around 1999. There is a Sewdish guy with a beautiful CTI running BBS 5x113's I think. Again these were on an adapter plate.

As welshpug has said, most alloys seem to run an offset of around 35, which is about 20mm up on a Peugeot 205, so you would need a spacer anyway

welshpug

I think old volvo would be a 108 pattern with the same centre bore as a pug, but quite deep offsets again :)

Edited by welshpug

johnnyboy666

My GT has very wide track, so not really the reason for wanting to do this. I just like the wheels!

petert

I'm back on this. The lack of 4x108 15x8" ET0 wheels in Oz is a problem. There are plenty of 4x100 choices however, such as Rota Grid Classic. Drilling the thicker 306 hubs is the obvious solution. Or run hub adaptors, which seems somewhat crude, but opens up a wider range of wheels and allows plenty of room for calipers.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/4x108-to-4x100-adapters

What about the rear? Does anyone have experience drilling the rear hubs?

Tom Fenton

If you were going to do the rear hubs, personally I would start with a lump of suitable aluminium and machine it to accept a press in 205 rear drum type bearing.

welshpug

I know Dave at Satchell engineering has done front hubs, not sure on rears but the flanges on them are pretty chunky so I can't see why not, those spacers wouldn't be allowed over here for competition use as they are too thick.

There's a few 8" wheel options here, 9" even, though the stock 15" size is 7"

DBG

Peter, have you tried Koya wheels: http://www.koya.com.au

I haven't looked through their 15" range, but they do custom stud pattern/offset and centre bore on most of their wheels at a great price, they may be able to help.

Cheers

Ben

petert

Good work Ben. They do a 4x108 15x8 in 0ET.

• Like 1

allanallen

With the right rear hub (solid thick flanges)Re-drilling is easy. We did some for a chav chariot recently so they could fit some 'rude boy rimz' :P

DBG

Good work Ben. They do a 4x108 15x8 in 0ET.

No worries. I've found them to be really good (and well priced). Was the only way I could get 17x9s onto the Lotus without paying a fortune for fully custom wheels. Took a lot of measuring to confirm fitment, but Koya were great with all of my questions!