• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alfie

Remote Central Locking

Alfie

Hi, my new 205 doesn't appear to have this? I've looked all thru' the handbooks and Haynes, but it doesn't say much that helps. Is remote C/L fitted to all Gti's? I don't have a Blipper given with the car. Assumming all the drives are in place on doors and boot, how could I obtain a key blipper to activate it? Pictures of the car to follow shortly, courtesy of Luggy if I dont get the hang of photobucket. :(

martyn180

What year is it, i had an early one with no central locking. Have you got the dark red dome/black dome near the interior light?

Anthony

Remote central locking is only on Phase 2 GTi's - earlier models only had standard central locking.

Look on the roof console panel for a small black dome - that's the IR receiver for the RCL.

On 205's you need a matching blipper and receiver - you can't just reprogram a blipper to match the existing receiver like you can in later cars.

base-1

So if you have a car with the receiver, but no blipper... can you order a matching replacement from Peugeot or are you screwed?

Anthony

I don't know if Peugeot can supply a blipper to match an existing receiver is the honest answer - normally they're supplied as a set at a somewhat eye-watering price if I recall, although someone did manage to pick a new set up cheap recently (one of the Polish members I think)

What I did on my own car was to get a matching combined key/blipper and receiver from a 405 at the scrappy, swap the key part over with the 205 one modified to fit, and end up with a modern OE remote locking key.

IMG_5386.sized.jpg

Works perfectly and is one of the nice touches I like about the car :)

Slo

I did the same once for my 605, lost the bloody key and pug dealer quoted a grand upwards for a new lockset/remote sender and receiver, and programming. Found a 306 in a scrapyard with a remote key that fitted the lock. Removed the receiver from its roof console and fitted it in my 605 and tried the key and voila working remote central locking which on a 605 is a must as the immobiliser is integrated too! Total cost £5. Programming...............pah

base-1

Sweet, that's good to know thanks guys.

Apologies for the mini-hijack! But then I guess if the OP doesn't have a receiver the same applies, he'd just need a bit of loom too?

Anthony

Unfortunately not - the central locking is completely different on the earlier non RCL cars, so it's not just a case of adding a bit of loom and the receiver. I think the only two bits that are the same is the passenger and boot locking motors - everything else is different!

Weser

If I had the dome but no bleeper on my keys. Would this mean that I do have the reciever up there?

Anthony

Yes, although as said that's not much use without the matching blipper... just means that you've at least got the wiring present to plug a new matched blipper/receiver combo into.

Weser

Yer thats what I am thinking if I have the wiring at least then if anything ever comes up? Are the blipper/reciever units in the 205 the same as any other peugeot say the phase 1 106 or 306? Or just the 405?

Anthony

That I know of, just 205, 309, and 405, although I'm sure some late 80's/early 90's Citroen's must use the same system (AX and BX maybe?)

306's are certainly different, but not sure on 106's - later cars are different, but not sure on the earlier cars.

I'll have to go down the scrappy at some point and spend an hour pulling apart a few cars to see :)

Alfie

What year is it, i had an early one with no central locking. Have you got the dark red dome/black dome near the interior light?

Its a '93 L Plate, and yes, it has the Red Dome by interior light :wub: hope this helps.

base-1

Then if you don't have a remote key (like Anthony's picture) you're in exactly the same situation as me and need to find a matching pair from another car it seems!

Anthony

The original 205 RCL used a separate grey coloured blipper, much like the Phase 1 405.

The combined key and blipper I've used and pictured above is from a Phase 2 405 :)

james_pug

L reg should have it.

On the subject of this, is this key button repairable?

ac4ad6c8.jpg

Alfie

That I know of, just 205, 309, and 405, although I'm sure some late 80's/early 90's Citroen's must use the same system (AX and BX maybe?)

306's are certainly different, but not sure on 106's - later cars are different, but not sure on the earlier cars.

I'll have to go down the scrappy at some point and spend an hour pulling apart a few cars to see :)

Ahh! I see. so is it easy to take out the receiver from the panel? I think I have the answer then? My dead 205 has central locking, so all i have to do, is remove its receiver and install in the new one and sort out the key issue? I'll look in the Haynes see if its covered in there. Thanks all for you help.

Slo

Yer thats what I am thinking if I have the wiring at least then if anything ever comes up? Are the blipper/reciever units in the 205 the same as any other peugeot say the phase 1 106 or 306? Or just the 405?

No not all pug remote central locking setups are the same early remotes are infra red that you have to annoyingly point at the front of the roof inside, most later types circa 2000 ~ present are radio control and are a completely different kettle of fish. Saying that tho ive tried remote central locking (all infra red mind) from renaults and citroens and they all nearly worked, at least those that had the proper remote to them.

Anthony

On the subject of this, is this key button repairable?

Yes, you can get replacement button pieces from Peugeot - they're pretty expensive for what they are though!

Alfie

Yes, you can get replacement button pieces from Peugeot - they're pretty expensive for what they are though!

Bit of a complication with my old Pug' tho'? It has a Scorpion immobilizer fitted combined central locking, and although it works, I only have one blipper. I'll remove the receiver (not sure how to do that?) and refit into new pug', and see if it works? What do you think Anthony?

cybernck

Ahh! I see. so is it easy to take out the receiver from the panel? I think I have the answer then? My dead 205 has central locking, so all i have to do, is remove its receiver and install in the new one and sort out the key issue? I'll look in the Haynes see if its covered in there. Thanks all for you help.

Take the map-reading light out of the roof console to gain access to a single bolt holding it on.

The rest will be pretty obvious (if not, here's a photo for you).

post-4-0-28539600-1335485986_thumb.jpg

Refitting is a reverse of removal and Bob's your mother's brother :D.

Weser

Well I am sorted cheers guys. Will see whats about when I hit the scrappy next.

base-1

The original 205 RCL used a separate grey coloured blipper, much like the Phase 1 405.

The combined key and blipper I've used and pictured above is from a Phase 2 405 :)

Oh I see! My old graphite had a key (and RCL setup I guess) like yours when I bought it, that was 9 years ago now. Someone must have been pretty on it with that mod :D

cheesegrater

Its possible to retro fit a more modern unit to existing CL, I've got a VAG style key for mine with the range of the next postcode. Obviously not ideal for originality. I had a thread somewhere with all the wires belled out and what they did.

Will Eastman

Id be interested in fitting one with a better range to it. Mine is very hit and miss!