• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ellis

Here We Go Again, My 2Nd Gti Project

ellis

Well guys here i go again, im sure some of you will have seen my cti6 project further down the page, well thats prety much finished now and im just loveing driveing it

Here she is

DSCF2649.jpg

DSCF2646.jpg

so now thats prety much complete i got the itch for another ( as we do )

I got told about what could maybe be a little gem, Was well worth a look anyway. All i knew was it was a 205 gti that had been in storage for 5 years. Obviously i was a bit excited about this and a bit worried that it may be rough ( altho id be told it wasnt too bad )

Pulling up on the drive i was happy to be greated by what looked like a great little car.

A late K plate non sunroof 1.9 gti. Very grubby and in need of tlc but i fell in love with it.

After a bit of a chat and an exchange of a very small amount of cash for what the car is i hooked it up on the a frame and towed it away. Gave it a bath today, came up well, work starts tommrow :D havent got a clue what im going to do with 2 gti's but what the hell, will see how it goes, im sure i wont have any probs shifting it on if i decide to sell it. Work will start tommrow on it

205gti.jpg

205gti2.jpg

Edited by ellis

pugmarshall

That looks like a nice example! How much did you pay?

ellis

its not bad atall realy. No rot on it so thats the main thing, everything is there on it. The chap wanted £650 for it which to be honest i was happy to pay but when we got there it wouldnt start, its an electrical fault i think as all dash lights come on but nothing happens when you turn the key, almost like it has an imobaliser on it, so i played on it and stuck in a cheeky offer of £450 which he laughed at, but after ten mins of moaning at him he accepted my offer just to get rid of me i think. I will get stuck into it tommrow and find the fault, it carnt be much. He said it ran perfect 5 years ago when it was parked up and he was a genuine old chap so i have no reason not to believe him. At that price i dont mind spending a little on it. It even came with 2 sets of 1.9 alloys so i can sell 1 set.