• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zara

F**k Beans! Help Please!

Zara

Car is breaking! :( overtaking someone on way home from work this afternoon and i have blue smoke bellowing out the back!

im going over my mates on monday and we are gonna have a look and see what it is but i thought i would ask if anyone has any ideas as to what it will more likely be? Im thinking HG??

I know worst case its chewed a piston and best case its a blocked breather.

harryskid

Head gasket is usually white smoke!

Alan77

my shagged head gasket was giving white and blue smoke, depends on what oil / waterways are kaput...

Zara

white smoke is normally condensation? :huh:

ive always been told blue smoke HG or valve stem seals.

Black smoke is clearly a fuel problem.

harryskid

I had a head gasket go on my previous subaru and there was loads of white smoke, blue is usually oil!

205kenny

white smoke is normally condensation? :huh:

If head gasket has failed and water is entering the cylinder the car will white smoke. It will depend where the gasket has failed though.

Your car is definitely burning oil. Best thing to do is have the car compression tested and see what reading you get, then work from there.

Paul_13

Do a compression tetst and see what that gives you.

Also check all the breather pipes and oil filler tower cap for mayo. A little mayo is expected if you do short journeys but if there is loads it may be HG.

Is this the 309 or the 205?

Stem seals could also be a likely cause.

Is it drinking oil/coolant?

GLPoomobile

Could be valve stem seals, but would usually expect the problem to progress gradually rather than happening all of a sudden. Although I did have it happen on my old 1.6. That had been smoking on and off for (literally) years. When I got it, the smoking was sporadic, and not that severe, until one day when I was driving through Barnet on the way home, it must have spat out a nice and crispy dried up chunk of seal and it started smoking like a bugger constantly from that moment on. All was well once I'd put new seals in.

Could also be a piston ring letting oil in to the combustion chamber. Again, a compression test should give you some idea.

dave richards

anyone had the same issue as i have had , the breather/return pipe splitting near the rocker and oil spilling onto the exhaust? that created a lot of blue smoke for me

Zara

All good news just s*itty oil! Fuel has got into it from when it was misfiring for a week and we think i just cleared it out a bit when i booted it :D

welshpug

it would be wise to dump that oil if its contaminated with fuel.

Zara

Yeap doing an oil change when i get paid :D but soooooo happy right now and feeling soooooooo lucky!

Sign in to follow this