• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Driveshaft Gaitors

B1ack_Mi16

Ok, I need 4 new gaitors for my driveshafts I'm refurbing.

Do anyone have the measurements for both the inner and outer gaitors?

I was thinking of buying some of eBay, but I like to be sure I'm buying the right ones.

Maybe someone can recommend somewhere to buy gaitors from apart from eBay?

matty_gti

Local motor factors?. What type of shafts are you re-furbing?.

B1ack_Mi16

It's a set of 1.9 GTi shafts, they actually have ABS rings, but I don't think that will do any difference.

I'll like to buy it online as my local motorfactors charges 50£ each, so that will set me off 200£ just for some gaitors.

welshpug

you need to measure the dia of the cv and shaft and overall height, if you get the o.e part number you can search gsf's site for a direct replacement

DamirGTI

Wurth universal cv boot set ... they're made of some kind of silicone rubber , so the material is very elastic/flexible and durable (less prone to degrading/ripping ..) , theres two different dia. steps on the boots , so they fit the inner and outer joints (just need to cut the bigger outer step when fitting on the inner joints ..) .. joint grease and clamps are included in the package .

Damir B)

http://www.wurth.com.au/Flipbook/Dec_Jan_Auto_Cargo_Campaign/files/assets/seo/page15.html

Edited by DamirGTI

matty_gti

Aren't gaiters about £10 each?, surely not £50!.

Edited by matty_gti

B1ack_Mi16

Aren't gaiters about £10 each?, surely not £50!.

That would surely be an appropriate price, but due to general high costs over here everything sold locally is about 3x or even more expensive than over in the UK/Germany.

I'm not so keen on universal ones, maybe best to try a peugeot dealer abroad somewhere and get some genuine ones.

omega

if you cant sort this let me know

i am going to the pug dealer on friday so can find out the cost for you and if they have them.

if you know the part numbers that would help.

welshpug

I'll have a dig around SB later :)

I to dislike the stretchy boots.

welshpug

from servicebox -

Diff side - 3293 59 D/S GAITER KIT - XU (MARK GAITER 9502508880)

3287 65 - XU

wheel side - 3293 91 D/S GAITER KIT - GTI AND 1,9

I think ABS was the same size as 1.9.

outer kit is £37.91 vat, so I can see why you thought they would be near £50, inner kit is £14 or £28.

looking at GSF's catalogue.

3293 91 is; Height 103 mm, Inner Diameter 1 24 mm, Inner Diameter 2 88 mm 450PC007, £8.50

450PC007.JPG

3293 59 Height 100 mm, Inner Diameter 1 22 mm, Inner Diameter 2 75 mm 450PC018, £7.80

1998_000623.JPG

3287 65 does not come up on GSF.

Edited by welshpug

Tom Fenton

I am looking out for a gaiter to suit that is from a modern car fitted with the plastic type gaiters. These are far better in my opinion, much more durable, the only thing with them is that they must be secured with a properly tightened metal clip as they will pull off if just a cable tie is used due to how stiff they are. I have come across them now on a few modern cars, a 206 1.1 was certainly one of those.

• Like 1

omega

so with postage it wouldnt be much cheaper than you buying them.

omega

I am looking out for a gaiter to suit that is from a modern car fitted with the plastic type gaiters. These are far better in my opinion, much more durable, the only thing with them is that they must be secured with a properly tightened metal clip as they will pull off if just a cable tie is used due to how stiff they are. I have come across them now on a few modern cars, a 206 1.1 was certainly one of those.

this looks a good idea

welshpug

how do you work that out???

£40+p&p at gsf or 160+ at a dealer?

:lol:

Sign in to follow this