• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cleggy

1989 Sorrento Green Ltd Edition

cleggy

Basically wanna know what this would be worth? Been offered this car from an old boy who ha had since day dot. The sides could do with painting but everything else is there as it should be. It's got 12 months tax and test. As usual he wants me to make him an offer

Thanks

Baz

£50?

Anthony

Impossible to even begin to value with the few details that you've given.

1.6? 1.9? Condition? Rust? History? Originality?

Comparing what you've been offered with other, similar cars on the market is always a good place to start with valuing a car - keeping in mind that Pistonheads tends to be on the higher side, and eBay on the lower, but between them they'll act as a guide. I find looking at eBay completed listings is handy for getting a feel for what cars are actually selling for, as opposed to the sometimes frankly absurd asking prices...

(PS. If it's a limited edition it'll be on a 1990 reg Phase 1.5 with grey full leather - won't be 1989 as Sorrento wasn't a colour option then)

cleggy

Is on a g plate no rust bout 59000 genuine miles, full leather grey carpet power steering orange front indicators grey trim.

cleggy

Et orange front indicators early rear lights. Completely standard 1.9

Daviewonder

I paid £130 for my Limited edition Sorrento.

Needed a new engine and rear beam though.

:D

cleggy

This has a spare engine and beam lol

camgti

Offer him what you would want for it in the same situation. At the end of the day it sounds like it will be a nice car that is not thrashed, may need some work but sounds original. Karma will love you back one day!

I have been offered ( although I live in Australia ) a 1 owner 89 Grey GTi 1.9 ( car was bought and lives in the UK ) that has 31000 original miles with complete history. Lives in a garage at the gents house and is completely standard and original. He lives over here, is a retired pilot from Cathay Pacific and drives the car about when he is there. He has just sold his Morgan and a beautiful MK2 Jag and asked if I wanted his 205 as hes geting on and wants someone to enjoy it. Whats it worth he said?....... I nearly fainted

Ask the bloke what he would be happy parting with for it....

Cam

Henry Yorke

a lot of people would rather it go to a good home, than get top money for it.

camgti

+1 for the above...

cybernck

Come on then Cam... tell us have you bought it? :)

camgti

Mate, I wish! Im speaking with the guy this week. If I do buy it, it will be making its way back here to OZ and put up my back shed and anything that needs doing to it will be done and then driven once a month if that for the next 50+ years.!

Im also lucky enough to have another guy here in OZ ( who is mates funnily enough with the same guy ) who has a totally mint 93 Sorrento with full leather that he is the second owner of and also has a collection.( only about 5 cars made it here with full leather ). He also owns a Ferrari Dino, XK 120 Jag, ss100 Jag!! A 454 Pontiac and many others. His 205 is his daily drive ( although he drives about 3 times a week and is about 75 years old and putts around in it ) and has promised to sell it to me before he moves on. So I think Im a pretty lucky 205 nut. I just need to start saving...

Ill keep you guys posted as this car may actually come up for sale through me, over there if I cant afford to buy it. I will all let you know about it as it needs to go to a good home.

Cam