• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damo

Gti6 Engine Turn Over Issuse With Key

damo

Hi,

Just tried to start the gti6 engine and it turns over if i hold the key at setting 3 (fully round) if i let is spring back to setting 2 it dies and you can here the starter motor running? turning the key from 1 to 2 kicks in the started and i have to push round to 3 to get the thing running, holding at 3 with the key and he ticks over fine!

setting 1 give some dash lights, eg battery if this is needed?

So does anyone have any ideas why settings 2 and 3 on the key seem the wrong way round?

I also have a unknown yellow small yellow plug hanging to the right of the steering? this carries 12v with the ignition on, ideas ?

I was wondering if its a dash light or something.

Anthony

You need to swap the ignition (thick red #2) and starter solenoid (thick blue #46) feeds on the brown multiplugs.

Peugeot changed the order of those two between Phase 1.5 and Phase 2 cars, so wiring guides for one will give you the problem you're experiencing on the other. Swap them over and it'll be fine :)

damo

thanks mate. its a phase 2 cti :)

Something for tomorrow night !

Edited by damo

Anthony

Oh, and the yellow wire to the right of the steering column is probably the unused choke warning light wire.

damo

cheers, so its not that i have the alt and started wired round the wrong way then :) lucky as I almost took the rad out etc.

Sign in to follow this