• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
puggernaught

1.9 Auto Not Starting Need Helpp !

puggernaught

Hello

im new here and im after have quite a few questions... and issues :(

Ive had a little search about looking at all things gentry and auto but there seems to be nothing like my current issues..

Now ill start from the top .. i got a 1.9 gti off of ebay late last year .. its one of the jap spec ones k reg 1992 graphite grey. When i got it, there had been a fire from the interior light shorting out. it had burnt seats burnt the carpet smashed sunroof and a fair few melted plastics..

i stripped the car welded in a sheet as a sunroof plate removed the head lining and made a makeshift one, replaced the carpet and threw in some old seats from my xs.. I then checked most things charged the battery and sent it for m.o.t it came out the otherside with an advisory for an exhaust blow and a couple minor things loose batterie etcc... after all this its been insured taxed and was driving about perfectly fine taking me from work and back untill... one day ..

i was driving down the road at about 40 just clicked into 4th gear not far from my work when the car spluttered coughed and cut out ...

i pulled over and tried to restart the car to no prevail my initial thoughts were all the sypmtoms of fuel shortage, me having no way of testing pushed the car with a little help threw some fuel inside and tried again. After a flat battery and a jump start there was still nothing...

i towed the car home sat it on my driveway put the battery back on charge and begun checking what i could , i started with fuel checked fuel lines fuel rail fuel pump etcc.. then followed by checking for a spark, coil, leads plugs etcc after all this there seems to be no problems at all with the car turning over ... it just wont fire..

after a bit of being annoyed and a bus trip to work and back i came home to find my driveway dripping with gearbox oil... the car still turns over but wont fire..

Im asking anyone who knows anything to please help me or give me any advice i can try out ... i know the gearbox is leaking oil for a reason but im not too fussed about that and from what i can only imagine that wouldnt stop the car from ticking over would it ??

please please can anybody help me out ...

cheers

jonny

Sign in to follow this