• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Confirmation On This Wiring Diag For Gti6 Tacho

pugpete1108

i know its been doen to death but i couldnt really find any solid info on this (only wasted spark info)

im helping damien with his tacho convertor box as i built one to run mine on wasted spark and it works great.

he is going back to std managment with the cop system so i was just wondering if it was a case of just adding two extra resistors in the circuit like this:

post-7077-0-74604300-1333815459_thumb.png

also i notice that the feeds come from the -ve not the +ve (which i think i have done on mine??) what sort of difference will this make? as mine works fine apart from cranking.

cheers

petert

That looks amazingly similar to a Haltech wiring diagram! There's only one resistor, R1. There are four diodes, D1-D4, which add the signals together from each coil, if there are four ignition modules. I can't recall whether GTi6 has four or two ignition modules. The S16 for example, has four coils, fired from two ignition modules, so only needs two diodes as it's essentially wasted spark and not true direct fire. Someone with more knowledge on the GTi6 loom will know.

Tacho Adaptor 4 cyl.pdf

Edited by petert

welshpug

gti6 doesn't have any ignition modules, its direct fire from the ecu to each coil, so find the 4 wires at the ecu and off you go :)