• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
john-melbourne

Just Bought A Cti And Have A Couple Of Questions :)

john-melbourne

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a CTI and have a couple of questions, i hope you could help me with.

1) There seems to be a pipe missing from the oil filler pipe, its the top one as you look at it from the front, is this normal if not where should the pipe go?

2) The gear change seems very sloppy, there seems to be a lot of easy movement when the car is in neutral, i remember a similar problem on my MK2 golf GTI, i just bought a kit for £15 and it was like new. Is this a common problem with 205's that can be easily sorted?

3) The car will not start from cold without you holding the revs up, as soon as its warm it seems OK, after a lot of research it seems the SAD might need cleaning, is this an easy job to do. How easy is it to remove, and what do you clean it with?

4) The clutch doesn't seem to spring back very well after engaging, so it sounds like i am riding the clutch when setting off, is this just a case of replacing a spring or is it something more difficult?

Sorry for all the questions at once :)

John

sensualt101

1 pics would help regarding the missing pipe

2 there are indeed a multitude of gear linkage kits available to remedy the sloppiness in the gear lever and is a common job

3 it does sound like the sad is at fault from what you have described

4 have the clutch looked at as it could just need adjustment or you may find something slightly misaligned!

hope that helps :)

john-melbourne

Thanks for the reply, i meant the clutch pedal not the clutch does that make a difference?

as for the picture please see below:

IMAG0107.jpg

Thanks Again,

John

sensualt101

from your pic you are indeed missing a pipe that is fitted to my 1.6 gti but unless i look in to it i cant remember where it goes to ( or comes from ) many other knowledgable members on here may be able to tell you right away though.

i am sure its either a vacuum pipe or oil breather though.

as for the clutch it could be as simple as the cable having stretched or routed incorrectly so i would check that. :)

john-melbourne

Thanks for the reply, There is also an advisory from the mot that i need a bump stop, can thee be bought from GSF? Any idea how much they cost, Do they have just one, or a couple?

Sorry again for all the questions but i am like a little kid with a new toy!

John

sensualt101

lol all of us 205 enthusiasts feel that way about our cars ( myself included ) :)

my own car had lost a bumpstop on the osr ( they have one each side ) and it was noted at an mot as advisory and i am sure gsf can get them for you as will peugeot dealerships and yes you can buy them individually i have no idea what they may cost.

i am gonna replace my existing one with new at the same time as fitting one to my nsr just to match but i dont see why you couldnt just fit one ( i am just pedantic maybe? lol )

john-melbourne

Anyone with an idea of where the pipe leads to, and also the best way to clean the SAD?

Thanks Guys

John

McDude

The pipe goes through 180deg and down to the 'vacuum' side of the throttle assembly - I have a photo on my phone, but no reception here to upload it. Someone else may oblige in the meantime.

Might sort out your idle issue too.

ALEX

To provide warm air to the throttle intake for cold mornings? maybe, I'm guessing here.

You'd have been better off posting this in the XU section. The TU engine is the smaller engine 1.0L to 1360cc.

The CTI has the same engine as the GTI.

Miles

The pipe goes on top of the TB just behind the pipe that goes to the Servo, It's part of the oil vapour recirculate system.

Rods, maybe the ball joint on the subframe as these come loose, or a new set of rods from me will sort it, As the nylon wear's with age and will pop off at somepoint

SAD, Change it, cleaning it unless really dirty won;t make any difference,

Alan77

Pipe location...

post-14615-0-32927300-1333666250_thumb.jpg

Bump stops are available from Peugeot, Part no. 516628 - Rebound Block - £14.44

john-melbourne

Can you give me a price on the new set of rods and how easy are these to fit? Is the SAD a readily available part, or something to buy second hand? How easy is it to locate and replace? Also thinking about replacing the ECU temp sensor as the fuel economy is shocking, will this help with the cold start problem?

Thanks

John

Edited by john-melbourne

Sign in to follow this