• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

RummyonFire

Dimma Mi16

kuuner

yeah, there is a (slight) difference between the fase 2. The small version is smoother (and smaller ofcourse) and doesn't have the triangle in the kit, at the rearlights.

You can see that on these pictures (stretch them in your browser, if they're not big enough. Or download them)

GroteFoto-XETFJOL6.jpg

GroteFoto-FBPW77LF.jpg

GroteFoto-IQ7ERS34.jpg

RummyonFire

i stand corrected

you learn something new everyday :)

Hopefully wont be that noticiable when its been sprayed up etc....

Edited by RummyonFire

cybernck

Mk1 Dimma appears to come with a better lacquer on it as well ;).

kuuner

why don't you re-shape it? It's polyester. So not hard to handle and easy to fix.

gerry

That green dimma used to be in Darwen (back in 1994) I remember coz I still have photos of it in the back in the uk along another blue 205 dimma like my old one :)

RummyonFire

thanks for the bit of history

always interested to know where its been in its previous lives!

RummyonFire

Hi all

I cant belive i last posted about my project back in 2012!

To be honest after what i went through with my dimma it went in the garage for 3 years hardly touched and looked at. I bought myself a 207 gti to satisfy my hot hatch needs (and considered selling my mi16 but my gf wouldnt let me). Its only since towards the end of november and with summer approaching at a fast rate ive started to get the enthusiasm back for getting it on the road finally!!(ive been a regular visitor over that time but not posted)

Ideally i would like to get it all done by June and although its a fairly ambitious target its what ive set and will be starting properly over the weekend!

I will also be posting some stuff up for sale on the forum soon to hopfully get a bit of cash to get some much needed bits!

I have been doing some stuff already which i will post some pics of when i can be bothered finding the lead for my phone but yeah hopfully another 205 back on the road!!

Anyway thats all for now!Its nice to be back (properly)!

• Like 1