• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

Quiet Free Flowing Mi Exhaust.

kyepan

Hi there,

I've had a mani-blow, and it flowed well, and revved freely to the limiter but was very loud, and fell to bits constantly.

I've had a standard phase 2 exhaust and standard Mi manifold and it is reasonably quiet... but it feels a bit strangled up top above 5500...

Is the restriction in the manifold, or the system or both...

I know dave baker said the standard exhaust was fine.. for 8v's but is this the case for MI's with a cam, i'm not sure I agree.

any thoughts..

J

Anthony

I'm not convinced that the exhaust itself is a particularly big limitation for modest levels of tune - if you do a search, I know that Maxi for example was getting something like 215-220hp on a standard Bosal system (the same as I recall you've got) coupled to a standard GTi-6 manifold.

welshpug

Sarty had a maniflow I think at 240bhp :) (manifold only I think, the rest was powerflow branded)

Miles does some very nice systems, made by an ex maniflow welder IIRC, plus manifolds.

DamirGTI

Just decrease tailpipe dia. and it'll quiet down ..

Damir B)

Miles

The manifold does make quite a difference, A good phase 2 system is Ok as well but allot of the pattern one's are slightly too small these days, The manifolds I do can come in stainless now so they won;t rust like the mild steel ones but I've known the mild ones to last a good 7 years without any problems as Simes & G Ellis car had the first one's I did and knowing both car's still have them on with no issue's

kyepan

i have a full bosal system and re angled manifold for my MI.. always planned to sort the manifold, but was considering a full system too.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Sign in to follow this