• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

dirtdog

Hi.

I'm looking into changing the inlet so I can run a intercooler... yes yes ...I know there are plenty of threads but i've got other questions.

I don't want to mess around too much( relocating vac pump etc) so the xantia/406 inlet manifold is out of the question because I think they don't have the mount/bracket.

I'm trying to find images of the 306 engine but can't make out the pics very well.

Is the vac pump and PAS mounted the same (mounted to the inlet)?

Also wondering what the ports in the 7 are like compared to the 9. I have heard that some are square and some are round but can't find any information about it.

Can anyone shine a bit of light on this for me please?

pug_ham

Some of the later xud's have a camshaft driven vacuum pump that fits under the intercooler iirc, they don't have the belt driven one.

PAS is driven from the alternator belt afaik.

g

samthornton1990

As the dude said above man, I have an xud lump sat at home if you want the inlet mani?

Strictly_Derv

I take it your fitting it to an XUD7 the 1.8. All the turbo'd ports are oval ported I think. You say you dont want to fit a different manifold but you will have to unless you want to weld a new air feed at the top and blank the old one which sits right about the compressor.

I will be doing a guide about FMIC a 1.8 when I get the time.

Also bear in mind you will probably need to remove the fan cowling, make custom rad hangers and fit slimline fans in order to fit the IC in there properly.

IMO the easiest way I could find to FMIC is to get hold of a 306 vac pump, 306 cam shaft as the '7 have a different end, undo an allen key bolt in the head near the old vac/pas pulley which allows an oil feed to the new vac, 306/xantia inlet manifold and ditch the PAS as it's ran off the cam.

dirtdog

As the dude said above man, I have an xud lump sat at home if you want the inlet mani?

What mani is it? Any chance of some pictures?

dirtdog

I read in another post by jimistdt ( I've PMed him but no reply yet) that he couldn't use a xantia/406 inlet because he didn't have a bosch pump? Can anyone tell me why that is?

I take it your fitting it to an XUD7 the 1.8. All the turbo'd ports are oval ported I think. You say you dont want to fit a different manifold but you will have to unless you want to weld a new air feed at the top and blank the old one which sits right about the compressor.

I will be doing a guide about FMIC a 1.8 when I get the time.

Also bear in mind you will probably need to remove the fan cowling, make custom rad hangers and fit slimline fans in order to fit the IC in there properly.

IMO the easiest way I could find to FMIC is to get hold of a 306 vac pump, 306 cam shaft as the '7 have a different end, undo an allen key bolt in the head near the old vac/pas pulley which allows an oil feed to the new vac, 306/xantia inlet manifold and ditch the PAS as it's ran off the cam.

Yes.. it's the 1769cc. I haven't said I dont want to fit a diffrent manifold..lol. I pretty much opened the post with "I'm looking into changing the inlet so I can run a intercooler" .. :P

I'm not intrested in fitting slimline fans(although I may need them replaced as they don't work at the moment) and removing fan cowling etc etc... it's just a ball ache. I'll lower the rad and shoehorn the I/C in with some vaseline.

Anyway... things aren't at that stage yet so i'm not worried about it yet. I'm just in the collection stage and need to know about the inlet manis so I can work out what best suits my needs/wallet

Edited by dirtdog

Strictly_Derv

Well TBH you will have a very hard time trying to fit one without changing manifold.

I'm just in the process of doing a guide of how I find is the easiest way of fitting one. It will be in this section shortly

Sign in to follow this