• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jameswallace.

1.6 Missfiring And Running Rough

jameswallace.

iv had a look through but i couldnt find anything similar to this!

the car wont hold an idle without a lot of throttle, the engine sounds extremely lumpy

it will drive but missfires loads at half throttle where as if you push your foot flat it seems fine its just miss fires and chugs along if it only had a little bit of gas

even with the foot on the gas it wont idle below 1500

iv changed the rotar arm, dizzy cap, spark plugs and coil pack and its had no effect

any ideas?!

sensualt101

have you checked all the pipes for air leaks? the afm ( air flow meter )? the sad ( supplimentary air device )? all of them and even the fuel filter can lead to poor running and poor idling! i am sure those more mechanically minded than myself could suggest even more things! :huh:

205kenny

Have you just bought the car?

Check that the bolt that holds the oil filler to the inlet manifold is there and not leaking. This cause a problem for me.

Easy way to check for airleaks is to spray brake/carb cleaner on the various inlet pipes and see if there a change in engine rpm. (try to avoid spraying on exhaust manifold ect)

jameswallace.

thanks guys alll sorted now! the spark plugs had got wet i think from over fueling? im really not tooo sure i think the ecu just got super confused and now iv cleaned it all out and dried of the plugs and it seems to be running well!

thankyou!

sensualt101

well thats another cause lol! dampness and ht voltage never mix lol!

glad you got it sorted! :)

Sign in to follow this