• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest easypug

Lack Of Heating

Guest easypug

Problem didn't really bother me in the summer but now it does. The blowers blow but I don't get any heat coming through them. Any idea's on how this could be solved?

Cheers

Dave

Snowman

Could be air in the system which needs bleeding out.

There's a bleed screw on the top of the two pipes coming through from the engine bay- open it with the heating on hot and the engine running. Water should come out. If not keep it open til it does. Keep an eye on the level whilst doing it.

Could also be broken control cables. Dunno how you fix them.

Chris

Guest easypug

Is that the only bleed screw there is? I've been told there's 2 but can't find another one...

Snowman

As said in your other post- it is on the thermostat housing. It faces vertically upwards and will be either a brass caphead or a plastic screw. If the latter it will probably be broken!

Chris

oscis

I dont think that the 205 has a heater tap, hot water just constantly flows through the matrix. If this is true then feel the heater matrix feed and return pipes (both pluging into the bulkhead just below the master cylinder) and if they're both hot then you'll know hot water should be getting to the matrix. There should then be a flap above the heater matric thats controled by cables when you turn the heater dial - check these. (this is all from hazy memory - i've looked at too many broken cars recently) :)

There's also always a chance that someone's bypassed the heater matrix because it was leaking. :D

Guest sicknote

It could also be that you have a leak and are low on coolant.

The first sign of this is that the heater stops working.

Cheers

Rob_the_Sparky
It could also be that you have a leak and are low on coolant.

The first sign of this is that the heater stops working.

Cheers

Too late by then...I know! (not the first sign)

Guest phil19gti

We solved this by un-clipping the 2 hoses that are attached onto the bulkhead and getting a hosepipe and blasting water through the matrix. There was some dirty water in there and this cured the problem.

Nice and cheap, just do it when the water/collant is cold or you get burnt!

205man

if you have a phase 2 dash check the dial themselves as the plastic bits at the back of them can go brittle and break so when you turn the dial the metal rod doesnt turn with it (this happened to a friend and he was quoted to a fortune to have new matrix etc which wouldnt have been needed or fixed the problem).

alan

Sign in to follow this