• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dom604

Xu9J4 Tuning

dom604

I'm building my class 6 grass tracker on a small budget I've fitted bike throttle bodies. Megasquirt management arp rob bolts and custom exhaust. But I've read up about cam timing upgrades. What other modifications could I do to increase the power. I'm not wanting to be turboing or spend lots. It's a grass track car. It just gets revved a lot for couple minutes at a time.

Basically what other mods could I do to the engine that will help me?

Offset inlet?

Anything else?

Where can I get thes offset cam keys

welshpug

some reground cams from peterT wouild help and wont break the bank.

kyepan

I nearly bought a grass track racer engine, that reved to 10,000 rpm and had to be rebuilt quite often because the liners went oval at those kinds of rpm.

But the principle seemed to be getting it to rev. Does your engine sit on or near the limiter most of the time?

doing it that way would mean, balanced everything by a good company like vibration free, beefed up valve springs and solid lifters, then the wildest cams you can get away with and big inlet valves if they have loads of lift extra lift.

Otherwise the most aggressive hydraulic grind you can find with some extra lift, timed on verniers.

dom604

I suppose in a way the engine does rev high but it's like givin it some on traffic lights in wet. As u hit 3rd your cornering thn foot down again. My mates red top he says he doesn't really go over 5k. It's only my first year so not wanting to spend my wages. I want 200bhp but ino I won't make that with my current setup. This is why I read up about the offset key for the inlet. as I thought maybe might be a cheap mod.

Anyone know what injectors I want to run. I have standard atm but I have beige out of a red top and I think some others somewhere

dom604

Also I'm after a 205 gti bumper. Don't matter if cracked as it WILL get battered. I'm just after something cheap to stick on front. So if anyone has anything new Shropshire it be amazing. Don't mind paying abit just not a lot as I said it'll get abused. Cheers.

petert

I have the offset keys, but you need to find out what inlet pulley you currently have. It could be any of the following:

#2 - 114º Lobe Centre Line

#3 - 111º LCL

#4 - 107º LCL

my offset key will move the LCL 4º (crank).

Sign in to follow this