• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hudson

Steel Crank

hudson

Ive done a search but cant seem to get any answers up but am i right in thinking one of the peugeots diesel models had a steel crankshaft what model was this if any and would it fit in a 1900 gti sorry if this has been done to death but my search function hasnt thrown anything up

petert

405 turbo diesel? Not sure what you'd do about rods however.

welshpug

thought all crankshafts were steel?....

no benefit that i know of to use an 88mm strokr 4 counterweight crank with an 88mm stroke 5 counterweight item?

petert

turbo diesel cranks are forged rather than cast.

Batfink

Apparently its random what you get in the engines. I'm sure Colin Satchell said he had trouble getting them. I've got one somewhere in my pile of bits if you cannot find one. One of my many acquisitions I'll never use.

Edited by Batfink

welshpug

ignore my typing fail there, I meant 4 counterweight not 5 :lol:

I've also got a 1.9 TD 88mm stroke crank, how do I tell if its forged not cast? or are they cast + forged +machined, whereas others are just cast and machined?

Batfink

Just looks like metal to me lol I got mine off Colin so I know its right :D

petert

Look at the parting line on the crank. If narrow, then it's cast. If 5-6mm wide and looks likes it's been ground off, then it's forged. These cranks aren't XU but you get the idea.

post-2864-0-59573900-1329775679_thumb.jpg

Edited by petert

NNN

Also HDi cranks from 206 306 307 406 etc have 88mm forged cranks afaik (except 2.2 hdi)

Will fit 1.9 blocks for sure... not that sure about the rods though...

Sign in to follow this