• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Putt4par

1.9 Gti Rear Box

Putt4par

Hi,

I have an earlier 205gti with a Remus back box, the back box is a slip on and clamp type. I also have a later flange type stainless rear box which I would now like to fit.

Do I need the later middle box and pipe section to enable me to instal?

I notice that the later box is a lot longer than the earlier and assume the later middle section is shorter?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Like 1

Baz

Yes, the later single piece downpipe/centre section has the 'olive' fit flange type join that it sounds like you need.

The rear boxes are about the same size usually, the difference is probably just the fact that they're aftermarket items, but should be similar if they're direct-fit.

Putt4par

Yes, the later single piece downpipe/centre section has the 'olive' fit flange type join that it sounds like you need.

The rear boxes are about the same size usually, the difference is probably just the fact that they're aftermarket items, but should be similar if they're direct-fit.

Thanks very much for your comments.

Sign in to follow this