• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ash13

Anyone Else Using Bike Carbs?

Ash13

I bought my first 205 a couple of weeks ago, its a 1.9 and it came with a set of R1 carbs installed, the guy i bought it off said they needed setting up so i found a performance garage with a rolling road to do the job. So after some tweeking the guy said its still running lean top end and needs bigger jets. so my question is what size jets do i need, or are they individual to the cars needs? The rolling road came out at 80bhp at the wheels due to it not performing well past 4k revs due to it running lean, i dont know how that relates to power at the fly, pulls well in all the gears and is very torqy. so i dont know what you all make of that, and help on the jets would be great, cheers :)

205kenny

Hi mate, if you need to know anything about bike carbs, just give bogg bros a ring. There based in malton, north yorkshire.

If its not too much of a trek, it would be worth taking the car to them to have it setup.And it only cost around £50 i think.

Im not 100% sure but i think he drilled the main jets to 1.75mm.

• Like 1

unariciflocos

Get a set of drills 1.6mm , 1.65, 1.7 , etc and start playing, but you'll never get the fueling right on bike carbs. To do that you'll need custom needles and that's just not worth the hassle IMO.

Cameron

Weber DGAS main jets fit R1 carbs and will help with your top end fuelling, saves you having to drill anything.

Ash13

Cheers Cameron, I've just rang Bogg Bross before i came on here and they said they use the Dgas main jets, got the part number which 2273801 (for my reference) so all i need to do now is take the carbs off (which i dont know how to do) find out what size are on, then buy some bigger ones. Shall I just try the next size up? They only seem to be about a pound each so i'll order a few sizes or something. I don't know where to get them from though, all these web sites just look really naff e.g. http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/sbv_pl.asp?Vehicle=UV___01&PartType=CAR06

My other worry is when i fit the larger jets, do i have to get them all set up again and fork out another £100, then if it's still lean i try the next size up will it be another £100. Or if they're set up once then they'll be fine to try other jets. TBH i don't think i'd even notice, feels fine to me even though it is lean haha!

Carbs4me

Bog borthers only setup the carbs as a rough runner! they cant give you exact sizes for a perfect run... they are ment to bore the jets out on the rolling road, and redo it!

Its hard to find a rolling road these days that have the no how.

Im gunna try and set my Mi up on bike carbs once the conversion is complete, bog brothers are doing the same thing to my bike carbs recommending a jet size to get it running.

205kenny

Without a emissions tester, roling road, sycrometer ect, whatever you do is just going to be guesswork. When i first fitted carbs i drilled the jets(1.75 mm i think) and balanced the carbs myself. I drove it for a couple of months before having it setup properly by bogg bros, without any problems.

However, your best bet to just get it booked in with bogg bros and let them sort it. They do it while you wait, jets are included in the price and they will let you know of any other problems. Not many places know how to setup bike carbs properly but boggs are one of the best.

After having them setup properly, i didnt have to touch the carbs again in the 1 1/2 years i had it.

Sign in to follow this