• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

Gti6 Injector O Rings

chipstick

The following applies to my GTi6 engine.

When I fitted my injectors a while back, I noticed a nick out of one of the o rings. I was keen to see if the old girl would start up so carefully popped the injector with the iffy o ring in the inlet and it doesn't leak.

Now, my engine ticks quite loudly. I am sure it never ticked as much when the engine was still in the donor 306.

The o ring that had a nick out of it is giving no obvious problems that I can see, could it possibly be linked to the noise? I see no vapour or anything.

I know someone who can supply me a set of o rings for about £1.50 each which is much cheaper than Peugeot, but more than they are probably worth. They tell me I am likely to have Weber IW-204 injectors as they were fitted until very late on when Siemens were used. I believe these aren't marked, but search shows that it's the commonly used one.

What usually causes injector ticking? Reduced flow or something? I could swap them over for the silent ones on my Xsara, but if they are ok to use for the mean time I will continue to use them until I source good replacements.

Then there is always the worry that the noise is'nt the injectors. It's not a tap. The engine was stored for 6 months before I ran it again, but has had more than enough use since in order for the oil to circulate the lifters etc. I'm using magnetec 10w40.

It just annoys me :lol:

welshpug

has it been driven on the road or just sat idling?

if the xsara is a phase 1 then give it a go swapping the injectors, phase 2 items are different.

o-rings wont cause them to tap, its tired internals that would do that.

Edited by welshpug

chipstick

Wasn't sure if an air leak couild of been a possibility. It's been driven for about 500 miles.

Yeah it's a phase 1 xsara. I risk ruining more o rings on changing and back again, but at least it could diagnose it.

205 1.9 8v ones won't fit will they? Just to be able to run it with them to see if the noise stops.

welshpug

a touch of vaseline or grease and you wont damage them, not damaged any as yet myself and had to remove and refit some quite a few times.

just swap the complete inlet if your worried :)

Edited by welshpug

chipstick

Good idea! :) I used fuel last time as a lubricant as I was worried about using something that would perish the rubber.

My manifold is nicely powdercoated, otherwise I would just do that.

allye

Will reconditioning them stop tapping? Strangly Dan I was going to phone peugeot tomorrow for some O rings for my injectors as one of mine split whilst taking them out to get my manifold powder coated! Can you sort me out cheaper then !? :P

chipstick

I think Peugeot want something like several quid each or something stupid. I could, but not sure if the price quoted to me was because I was buying a full set or if they would be dearer for smaller quantities.

Sign in to follow this