• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mad Scientist

Need A Smaller Alternator For 6 Engine

Mad Scientist

Does anyone know of a smaller alternator that will fit the gti6 mounting lugs, and 6 pack pulley? I'm talking smaller in size, but not power! Bit of an ask! Since I don't have aircon, power steering, radio etc, I can lose some ampage if needed.

I've seen some race alternators, but they are very dear.

Cheers,

Pete

Matt180

This should help you. These are really small, will need to make your own bracket but thats no major!. My mate uses 1 on his astra, might have a spare if you want 1

My link

allye

Have a look through Ash's 2.1 Rallye build, he is using a much smaller Alternator.

Mad Scientist

Thanks all.

The Daihatsu ones look ideal. Any idea of what diameter they are?

If you have a spare Matt I'd be interested.

Mad Scientist

Found some info on the size now, but just wondered if anyone has swapped the pulley for a 6 groove gti6 one? Are they compatible?

Tom Fenton

The daihatsu has quite a small shaft that the pulley runs on. Very easy to have a new pulley machined up to suit though.

Matt180

You dont need a new pulley making, just get a spacer sleeve machined up for it. Ill ask him how much he wants for it.

Sign in to follow this