• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tommy gun

My 205 Gti6

tommy gun

Hi everyone I’ve been wanting to start a thread for a long time about my 205 gti but never really had a lot to say till now.

I bought it about two years ago from Burnley as a track car running a gti6 lump, it was stripped bare with just half a dash and some old cloth seats but it had some good stuff fitted.

kaiden1084.jpg

When i picked it up it was tapping very loud from the head and i was concerned it could be valve damage. An oil change later and all was fine as it turned out to be a sticky lifter thank god.

After refitting the interior to how it should be i put it through its first mot in three years and i was amazed when it passed with only one advisory for pitted break disks on the rear.

205005.jpg

205006.jpg

205002.jpg

tommy gun

I have been running the car since and it’s been great but I’ve always wanted i little more power, don’t get me wrong it’s not slow (14.2 quarter mile at pod) :) partly thanks to the quafie diff and toasting the tyres.

Unfortunately a few months back will on my way home one night at nearly 7000 rpm the timing slipped which sounded like someone had dropped a bag of bolts onthe engine.

so i found a new second hand engine with 70 000 in and swapped it over.

kaiden093.jpg

kaiden094.jpg

kaiden095.jpg

The old engine was totally wrecked, every valve bent and the pistons had deep marks too. It was my own fault as i had left the timing cover off and the aux belt had snapped causing it to be pulled in and wrapped its self around the crank pulley.

tommy gun

Now the new engine is in and running smooth i want to start the tuning, I’ve been collecting a few bits and the time has nearly come to put all the bits together.

48mm tbs

tomsphone085.jpg

pipper 270bh inlet cam because it was to cheap not to

tomsphone088.jpg

Something to hold me in

tomsphone090.jpg

and just a few other bits some people might recognise

tomsphone089.jpg

tomsphone087.jpg

tomsphone086.jpg

So now I’ve started this thread it will hopefully start moving now unlike so many of my old projects that just get left.

Please feel free to comment and any advice or info will be great.

sorry for the small pics

dcc

been waiting for you to put this up :)

Certainly a bargain you had ;) Glad to see you've decided to keep it and do it some justice :)

tommy gun

it was a bargin to be fair.

dcc did you know the car before?

Edited by tommy gun

dav1

Is this build goin any were.

tommy gun

little update

ive made a throttle linkage and assembelled the tbs, had to port the inlet mani a little to fit the 48s just waiting to be fitted now.

040.jpg

041.jpg

039.jpg

Edited by tommy gun

tommy gun

can anyone tell me how to make the pics bigger? ive resided them but they are just blurry mess.

pugpete1108

Use a photo bucket or other similar image hosting site and then link to the pics instead of posting direct to the thread.

tommy gun

Use a photo bucket or other similar image hosting site and then link to the pics instead of posting direct to the thread.

yeah i use photo bucket but when i enlarge the pics there just blurry.

tommy gun

i phone

tommy gun

i phone

this is how there coming out

040-1.jpg

tommy gun

anyway the piper inlet cam has been fitted and the car has been sent to Mikeanics in congleton, cheshire for omex fitting and mapping.

tommy gun

just heard from the garage, the car is done and its made a very impressive 215 bhp. im amazed as was he

I will get the graph up as soon as i pick the car up, can not wait to have a drive

Edited by tommy gun

pip470

Love to see the graph. Im glad you started a project thread. I was camping next to you at the fast show last year. You got some nice shineys there. Are you planning some pod trips this year?

tommy gun

hi its phill aint it? im going to the fast show again in march defo, should be a few of us going.

need to beat my old time.

will get the graph on when i pick the car up on wednesday.

tommy gun

Bit of a update ive started to strip the car out, i just need to make some mounts for my buckets then i can rip the front seats out.

The car sounds mental now its all up and running i cant wait to go to pod at the end of next month.

here are the rr print outs

tomsphone071.jpg

tomsphone070.jpg

Edited by tommy gun

tommy gun

microscope my be required

• Like 2