• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

james_pug

[engine_work] V6 205 Convertible Build

james_pug

Is yours using a 205 rad? I only plan on using 12" fans as I've got one cheap one ill have to see how cool it runs once the cooling system and exhaust are finished off.

stef205

I used the plastic carb filter in my gti6 for ages I had no issues. But I have changed to a 106 gti filter

Tesstuff

Is yours using a 205 rad? I only plan on using 12" fans as I've got one cheap one ill have to see how cool it runs once the cooling system and exhaust are finished off.

Golf VR6 alloy rad £47 off eBay.

james_pug

Few small jobs done, made a bracket for my header tank so hopefully soon I'll find some hoses to plumb it all in. Also started fitting some gas struts for the bonnet got one side done so far.

dd3c330f.jpg

b89f052c.jpg

d01d7f08.jpg

32a29136.jpg

9899bf91.jpg

• Like 1

Miles

Pic of the old 406 rad,

The engine's are fine with 150mph for mile after mile on the Autobarn, It's track work that get's them hot, in both my 406's both D8 and D9 models, half a lap of the ring and thats it, Temps at the max, Both oil and water, Only had my D8 at Combe and again around 8 mins in it all get's too hot

post-43-0-01405700-1329427162_thumb.jpg

cybernck

Ooh, Dimma wheels! B)

What are you rear wheels like?

james_pug

Ooh, Dimma wheels! B)

What are you rear wheels like?

There a set of fronts but ones missing an outer dish and I'm unsure wether to get a new one the same size and use them on the v6 or get some wide ones and use the on my dimma.0fe27961.jpg

Batfink

how about ducting air through the radiator and out the bonnet to make it more efficient? Though you might not have any room really....

Edited by Batfink

james_pug

I've been getting a few of the small jobs done, the washer bottle is all mounted properly and connected up with the scuttle panel all bolted on, the rads mounted with the hoses all connected, the fan wiring is all in and connected to one fan (still need to buy another) then I moved into the interior.

Dash board fitted,

1a318493.jpg

Goodwood rear seats fitted onto cti frames, there a different shape at the top so it's just tucked in you can't notice to badly and the leather seem tighter in life than the pics.

1a085e28.jpg

Need to make a small trim piece were the doorcards are from a ph2 power roof cti there a different shape to manual roof doorcards.

james_pug

2ebbfe19.jpg

I'll write a update when I have more time, but the main jobs left are to sort the front brakes out and the exhaust still needs to be done.

BlueBolt

Importantly tho... It's outside now!!!!

Good stuff!! :)

Daviewonder

Wahey, looking forward to seeing this in the flesh one day.

I wish I'd had the funds and space to finish my V6er.

Edited by Daviewonder

Anthony

It might be an optical illusion, but is the OSR wheel showing positive camber as if the stub axle is bent?

james_pug

One day, I think it's been off the road for around 4 years now and it won't see the road this year :(

james_pug

I think it's just the fact it's a iPhone camera that makes the wheel look like that, I've never noticed it to be bent I'll have to have a closer look next time I'm working on it.