• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrMemzi

205 1.6 Gti Supercharged?

MrMemzi

Right ive seen tom fentons amazing 1.6 turbo, and what amazing detail. Has this been done with a supercharger? Ive heard the eaton off of the cooper s would do the job?

• Like 1

Anthony

I don't believe that it has been done with a 1.6, but there's a supercharged 1.9 8v on here using a Mini Eaton M45

Look for the project thread by Madspikes

MrMemzi

Thanks matey! May have to start a build ;)

welshpug

iirc it has been done, I have vague recollections of Ash Hargreaves running a rotrex charged 1580cc unit in his 306 race car, MI16 head I think

Tom Fenton

I am sure it can be done. However it depends what power you want to achieve as my 1600 turbo makes over 200bhp but uses quite a lot of boost pressure to do so. I know the M45 charger isn't the most efficient thing in the world if you try to get it to produce much over 10-ish psi of boost. Allan has good results using one on his Mi16 but he only needs around 8psi boost I think to make 250 bhp from 1900cc and 16 valves.

MrMemzi

Wow. Thats actually amazing. Tbh i dont need the power but im a money waster! Had a look at my driveshaft that needs changing lastnight and the cv boot has totally disapeared! Baz was to my aid with a couple of good driveshafts thank god

Sign in to follow this