• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest LKHanberg

Instruments Color

Guest LKHanberg

Is it possible to get the same green color as the LEFT / RIGHT arrows in the rest of the instruements? All the numbers etc?

RichE

I suppose but its not as straight forward as replacing the bulbs as the colour is set by the actual shading built into the dashes, the bulbs are all the same...

Guest LKHanberg

Guess that means it would be quite expensive then...

Guest simmy

it might be worth buying some green tinted bulbs n stickin them in to see what effect it has.... bulbs aren't gonna be very expensive at all and u may be surprised!!, also you may end up wuth a loada green bulbs u don't want!! lol

to be fair, there's only one way to find out... have a search to see if anyone's done it before perhaps??? may not come up with anything though....

Let us know how u get on though!!!

Guest Serg

surely you would only need to go down to an art shop and buy a green sort of OHP sheet (that sorta thing anyway) and cut tiny bits off and remove the old ones? :) maybe??

Ahl

As oracle and serq said, you'd have to dismantle the instrument panel and remove the orange coloured filters behind the dials and either replace them with the colour of your choice or replace them with clear material and fit coloured bulbs.

However, the blocks of filter are shaped specially inside the panel I believe, so it might be a bit of a pain getting it work properly unless you had similar shaped replacements.

Coloured bulbs would work ok, but only if the current bulbs produced the orange colour and the filter was clear.

cybernck

BX GTI (?) should have clear filter afaik. :)

Guest LKHanberg

I dont think you can remove the orange in the instrument, think its part of the dashboard.

doing it on the roll-buttons for airflow might work, as they can be removed. Ill give it a try.

Wonder if the Birba Dashboards are clear or colored?

C_W

The orangeness of the dash is set by the plastic backs to the clocks and not by the faces themselves (they are clear).

However after much messing with clocks, the BX GTi/16v has green illuminated dials but the plastic backs are CLEAR and it's the faces that are green. This way you could dismanlt a set of BX clocks use the backing off this and get green film behind your GTi faces. Can be done.

Guest LKHanberg

Want the light to match the head-unit... but i might be easier to just change head-unit :)

Guest SuperFLY

im doing exactly the same thing :)

i already have a set of bx clocks thanks to kieron! ta m8y!

2 ways of doing it...

1. replace my entire clocks with the bx ones and stick my dial kit on those. plus side is my mileage will read 25k less than it is! lol

2. dismantal both sets and swop the coloured blocks - which is probably what i'll end up doing.

the main bugger is getting the rev counter cable back in afterwards.. i've heard its a bast!

Sign in to follow this