• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tommy gun

Omex 600 Wiring Help

tommy gun

Hi all, im going to be building an engine for my 205 gti6 very soon, hi comp pistons, rods, cams, tbs etc.

All that side of things i am quite capable of doing its wiring up the omex i will be using that im worryied about.

I have been searching the net all weekend and learnt a few things but i still dont feel to confident about doing it my self , is there anyone on here who could help or point me in the direction of a diagram.

I really want to complete this myself so any help would be great.

marksorrento205

I wired mine up when i ran the 600 on my mi16 in the 205. Its not a bad job at all :) If you get stuck give me a shout and I will try and help you :) I still have the manual here!

Matt180

The first loom i did was when i was running on a 500 series. It worked no probs. I bought all the proper connectors, heat shrink, plastic sleeving, solder, flux etc. Making it cost over £100 plus all the time, head scratching and cups of tea. When i change to a 600 i bought a full race loom aswell, best thing i ever did!!. There is no way you will get it as tidy as the omex looms, nothing to get wrong as you only need to connect 2+ wires and the earths. Think it cost around £250 so to me making a loom again isn't worth the hassle.

Matt

tri_longer

I wired mine up when i ran the 600 on my mi16 in the 205. Its not a bad job at all :) If you get stuck give me a shout and I will try and help you :) I still have the manual here!

errr, Mark, don't I have the manual for the ECU?

welshpug

you can download or view the pdf on the link above...

marksorrento205

errr, Mark, don't I have the manual for the ECU?

Yeah but I photocopied it at work before I gave you the original :lol:

tommy gun

The first loom i did was when i was running on a 500 series. It worked no probs. I bought all the proper connectors, heat shrink, plastic sleeving, solder, flux etc. Making it cost over £100 plus all the time, head scratching and cups of tea. When i change to a 600 i bought a full race loom aswell, best thing i ever did!!. There is no way you will get it as tidy as the omex looms, nothing to get wrong as you only need to connect 2+ wires and the earths. Think it cost around £250 so to me making a loom again isn't worth the hassle.

Matt

where did you buy the loom from?

Matt180

where did you buy the loom from?

Omex sell them mate. All ready made up ready to plug and play.