• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
J_Orr

1.9 Gti White On 40S

J_Orr

Hello again!

Has been a while since I've properly been back on the forums since first buying my STDT, but I have been looking for another car since my headgasket has gone in the STDT for a run about (even though I still have the Ibiza in a road worthy state...).

SO decided to go for another 1.9 GTi this time, was really wanting something on carbs :) And found one I liked at a very reasonable price!

Here she is:

318403_10150423903735115_505525114_10404066_972528403_n.jpg

301468_10150423905720115_505525114_10404076_403422272_n.jpg

She's on Twin 40 Delortas, 4-2-1 manifold with a power rust exhaust by the looks of things (has fallen off enough times anyway!), Mocal oil cooler, port and polished head and the engine has recently been rebuilt. To exactly what extent I'm still to find out but it looks really good.

Body is VERY clean, only rust in the usual spot to the rear of the doors. The front of the doors are also knackered, as are the hinges so I am on the prowl for some new doors.

Just spent a good bit getting the carbs set-up properly as there were a few things to be sorted in one of them, also got talked into getting the proper fuel regulators fitted by him (which I could have really done myself) so ended up costing a bomb. Still haven't really been happy as I think the dizzy is knackered.

He replaced the plugs, leads and rotors, yet when gunning it 1-2-3-4-5, at the end of 4th it totally dies, coughs splutters the lot, then doesn't clear up for a wee bit, then is fine after until again you go under load for a period of time then back to the coughing etc...

But yeah proud to be the owner of my 2nd 1.9 GTi on carbs!! :)

ash mi16

looks nice and tidy mate :)

Edited by ash mi16

J_Orr

Pretty soon this will be up for sale I think!