• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ritchunt

1.9 Gti Dellortos Running On Three?

ritchunt

Im getting sick and looking for some suggestions, im trying to get my rally car up and running so i can sell it anyway ive fitted a set of dellorto twin 40's which came of another 1900 gti, i have a spark at each cylinder but it appears to be running on 3? When u spray easy start ( i know not the best ) infront on the offending cylinder it picks up but i have a spark do you think they may be a issue inside the carb? All the other 3 cylinders seem to be getting fuel except one?

dcc

over fueling? are you getting godo spark? is it timed right? have you checked the carbs are jetted right? did the engine run ok before? have you done a compression test? does it clear up with more revs? any smoke out the back? is the issue only at idle?

ritchunt

Im using the in tank pump but have a regulator set to 4 psi which i assume is about right, im getting a good spark on all cylinders mate,im going to check the timing tommorrow after work im tried moving the dizzy but only made a minor improvement, i have not checked the jets as i know they came of a standard running car, the engine is fine i was using it in a car untill a couple weeks ago, i might try a compression test though strange things do happen there is no smoke either

It wont start unless the choke is on and wont rev up like i mentioned it appears to be on 3, i just thought i would ask the question incase i missed somthing ovious its got my head batterd now

I am fine using the injection dizzy with the coil and amp?

Sign in to follow this