• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolt

Timing And Tuning

BlueBolt

Flywheel not been listed in any of that, and as you have rightly spotted, this is the price for the management wire in and map in...

ITB's are the next step but not to be done yet, the plan for the moment is simply to get her running...

So, the advice so far is to get someone else to do it... A) Because it's prob a little out of my grasp. B) because the mappers may not like it if they don't know who's installed the system??

The coil pack is under Control, Been told to go for a ford one, but also been told to go for a vaxhaul one too?? Also been told to go for a 106gti one.... Any views on benefits or loss from each???

Someone mentioned the flywheel. Am I right in thinking that the later ph2 came with a crank sensor?? If this is right, is there already spacing for one to be fitted or is this something I need to look into?

Also, what's the setup of the flywheel?? Apparently I need a 36 -1 or 60 -2?? I'm guessing that as nothing has gone to plan so far that I have neither of these and therefore need to look into getting myself a new one... Been quoted about 300 for a lightened and balanced fly, but that may have been minus vat...?? Clutch will obviously be done at the same time, fast road but not paddle!!

Very glad i started this thread now due to the feedback knowledge and support given so far ???? thank you

feb

Flywheel is a 60-2 one.

You can find one from a 205 with Motronic (not all phase II are Motronics though).

Otherwise TTV makes lightened flywheels.

I bought my 8V with timing teeth from Rich (Lynx Power Engineering), weighing approximately 3.6kg and it cost around £275.

from http://www.ttvracing.com/ -> 205 GTi 'Supalite' , Part number 0761

If you fancy a milder cam in order to be able to run yours with Jetronic I may be interested to swap my SBC one for yours (but I have to check if anything can be gained first ;) )

Edited by feb

BlueBolt

Flywheel is a 60-2 one.

You can find one from a 205 with Motronic (not all phase II are Motronics though).

Otherwise TTV makes lightened flywheels.

I bought my 8V with timing teeth from Rich (Lynx Power Engineering), weighing approximately 3.6kg and it cost around £275.

from http://www.ttvracing.com/ -> 205 GTi 'Supalite' , Part number 0761

If you fancy a milder cam in order to be able to run yours with Jetronic I may be interested to swap my SBC one for yours (but I have to check if anything can be gained first ;) )

Cheers for the fly info :)

I'm guessing for that price I need to send a clutch in to have it balanced to??

As much as my wallet is telling me to snap ur offer up, my sheer determination and stubbornness will never allow me to do so just yet...

As I've said in previous posts, plan to go down the ITB route later next year or the year after now, so the management is going to be required then in any case, I'm looking at this as a money saver later down the line....

Thanks tho :)

Edited by BlueBolt

feb

If you are looking to save money drop in a Gti6.

I too have been thinking of bodies but can't justify the cost and the Gti6 will be better value for money.

Saying this the bodies will sound awesome and I am sure it will pull like a train.

The only reason I was put off by a Gti6 is its weight and I like the minimalistic 8V. I have not driven a 205 with a Gti6 engine though.

Edited by feb

BlueBolt

Hahaha

I was lookin at one of them yesterday thinkin I could nick the engine from it to rebuild once I was done with it lol

Miles

£1500.00 is a little high just for Fitting and mapping + Supply of the ECU I would say,

The 30 tooth and 60 tooth is basically the Front Pulley (30 tooth), Vauxhall's run this system allot and I have never liked the idea of having the CPS by the wheel arch, the 60 tooth is much neater and keeps the most important sensor out of harms way.

Coil pack, Ignore the advice you have had as they have no idea what they are talking about, Ford and Vauxhall ones mean custom HT leads and home made brackets to mount them on, 106 GTi doesn't use HT leads at all just a coil pack above the plug's.

Fit a Valeo/Sagem coil pack found on most late 8v XU9 PSA engine's which means a new Dizzy/Stat housing and standard Pug leads, Nice and easy then is you need to replace anything, and allot cheaper too

Flywheel can be again a 405 8v one or the larger 16v which are ten a penny but it will mean a new clutch as it's 15mm larger, The 8v flywheels are hard to find, or as Feb has said the TTV ones I can do for around £250.00.

BlueBolt

What disadvantage is there to getting a second hand fly?? There must be some as I looked on eBay and then thought it may be a good idea so there must be bad side to it.... ??

BlueBolt

£1500.00 is a little high just for Fitting and mapping + Supply of the ECU I would say,

The 30 tooth and 60 tooth is basically the Front Pulley (30 tooth), Vauxhall's run this system allot and I have never liked the idea of having the CPS by the wheel arch, the 60 tooth is much neater and keeps the most important sensor out of harms way.

Coil pack, Ignore the advice you have had as they have no idea what they are talking about, Ford and Vauxhall ones mean custom HT leads and home made brackets to mount them on, 106 GTi doesn't use HT leads at all just a coil pack above the plug's.

Fit a Valeo/Sagem coil pack found on most late 8v XU9 PSA engine's which means a new Dizzy/Stat housing and standard Pug leads, Nice and easy then is you need to replace anything, and allot cheaper too

Flywheel can be again a 405 8v one or the larger 16v which are ten a penny but it will mean a new clutch as it's 15mm larger, The 8v flywheels are hard to find, or as Feb has said the TTV ones I can do for around £250.00.

Excellent, does the TTV one require alternate clutch or run on standard?? From what I understood on the TTV site it uses standard??

I'd been told about the 106 ones, this will surely be a lot more tidy than the ford ones or vaux ones if it sits above?? Is this similar to whats on the 406 coupe front 3 of the v6?? Just so I have a mental image of what it'll be like??

BlueBolt

In answer to my own question, yes it's the same as the front 3 on the coupe v6.

Looking on feebay these are a reasonable cost for the 106 ones!! Any problems with going second hand on them?? Or should I stop bein a tight git and just buy them new??

feb

The TTV I have / Miles mentioned uses the standard 8V clutch.

Miles

You cannot use the 106 GTi coil packs which are the same idea as the 406, no mounting points for them, I;ve attached a pic of what you would use, Not the greatest but you can see the coil pack and housing it's mounted too

post-43-0-91140400-1321397515_thumb.jpg

Anthony

Exactly as Miles says - don't consider doing anything else when that works perfectly, looks OE, and has everything available off the shelf cheaply.

It's exactly how I did Feb's car too which is similar to what you're planning:

IMG_5310.sized.jpg

BlueBolt

You cannot use the 106 GTi coil packs which are the same idea as the 406, no mounting points for them, I;ve attached a pic of what you would use, Not the greatest but you can see the coil pack and housing it's mounted too

Hmmm... Custom mounting then... That'll be one of the coatings added in the the ATSpeed quote, not sure on 120 +vat fr the coil and mounting though??

Edited by BlueBolt

BlueBolt

Knew I had a better pic

Pretty!!!

Does look standard too!!

Miles

£120.00 for a coil and a bit of metal, Ouch

Just ebayed 106 XSi and found this at £45.00 so there will be cheaper, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-bosch-peugeot-106-Rallye-XSI-Coilpack-/120810741885?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c20e1a07d#ht_500wt_1362

Stat housing is from any late model 405 etc, or you can use a late 205 one with a Renault Cam seal which saves allot of hassle too

BlueBolt

Good call, that then feeds to the sparks through HT's, off what a 106 xsi or something else??

Miles

405 SRi, GTX, BX GTi, ZX Volcane 1.9, AX Gti to name a few along with a host of base model 106's

BlueBolt

Lol

Just the one or two then lol :)

Miles

HT Leads thou must be from the Volcane as they used the GTi engine, You did get the odd 405 with the same head but these are rarer than rare :lol:

Anthony

405 1.8 8v HT leads are the same as the Volcane ones Miles, and clearly much more common!

BlueBolt

That's all good then. £20 off feebay...

All little bits I can be gettin in the mean time and store away...