• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

Ultrasonic Injector Cleaning

macaroni

Just had my mi16 injectors ultrasonically cleaned by Sanspeed in Bexleyheath and it has transformed the car!

Idle is solid, and pick up much smoother. Much less kangarooing when trickling along at idle too.

No power figures yet, but each injector flowed 10% more after cleaning.

It was £88 all in for 4, including 8 o-rings, filters and end caps. Most pleased.

JRL

Thats good mate on my 1.9 mi16 I could never make it start 1st turn of the key I replaced pretty much everything during the project and it was only when I put in cleaned injectors it would start up 1st turn.

With my new 1.6 winter project that was on my list to have done also to keep it running optimum just sent them off to Madprofessor off this forum. If you get anymore injectors get him to do them he does a very good price for us 205gtidrvers.

I also find putting some carb clener in the throtte body and de-coking it really helps idle and kangarooing.

Josh_Quant

glad you said that becuase its on my list to do ;)

Chris_Mi

I pm'd the MadProffessor several months ago regarding injector cleaning, but he never replied.

I also tried looking on his website, but it didn't seem to be working :(

davey sprocket

Another one here hoping he's still doing this service.

allye

I pm'd the MadProffessor several months ago regarding injector cleaning, but he never replied.

I also tried looking on his website, but it didn't seem to be working :(

From what I can gather he doesn't come on here a huge amount any more but he still does it for a very good price.

macaroni

It would have to be a very good price, as I dropped mine of at 2pm yesterday and picked them up at 10 this morning. Excellent service and a reasonable price, as Pug wanted £3 per o-ring (there are 8) and Sanspeed charged 50p each.

Anyway, whoever does them, its worth it. Been out in the car all evening and it is a revelation to drive.

d7ve_b

Or buy an ultrasonic bath from maplin for 30quid and do them yourself. All the vag boys do it with good results and then sell the baths on eBay!

JRL

Or buy an ultrasonic bath from maplin for 30quid and do them yourself. All the vag boys do it with good results and then sell the baths on eBay!

I didnt know they sold these sounds like a good idea but I bet its not as efficient as an asnu machine.

Sinbad

I thought when they cleaned them the injectors had to pulse (open??) and thats the only way they can ever be properly cleaned???

gaz832

not a thread hijack but will my standard 1.9 gti injectors work with the mi16 engine , think my injectors are knackered . just want to see if they are firing petrol out

welshpug

which MI16?

they will to a point.

Anthony

1.9 8v and 1.9 Mi16 injectors are the same aren't they? Both 214cc yellow Bosch part # 0280 150 762?

(I know that there were a couple of other part numbers also used on 8v's but they're all interchangeable AFAIK)

As has been said, you really need to be able to pulse the injectors whilst cleaning for full effect, and to atleast build a basic rig with some jam jars, test tubes or something similar to do flow rate measurements. It's no good just cleaning the injectors if you don't know whether they're actually any good afterwards - whilst you're probably unlikely to make them any worse, you could still have an injector that isn't flowing properly that needs to be replaced.

JRL

I use my 1.98v yellow injectors on my 1.9 mi16 and as far as I know they are also the same.

Edited by JRL

welshpug

1.9 8+16v is the same, 2.0 is different and slightly smaller IIRC.

2.0 8v before 91 used the same ones.

ZPj and ZPJ4 used them in the 605, which is the early V6 12 and 24v.

1984 55 :)

1984 74 is the 2.0 MI.

found the data;

1984 74

Bosch: 0 280 150 423

LBS/HR 18.65

CC/MIN 196 @ 3 BAR

1984 55

0 280 150 762 = 214 cc @ 3bar

gaz832

which MI16?

they will to a point.

1.9 mi16 160bhp version

Edited by gaz832

d7ve_b

There's lots of debate on as.net about the requirement to cycle/actuate an injector to clean it but the vast majority of users who have cleaned it using just an ultrasonic bath have seen benefits to idle stability, mpg and performance (although performance benefits are only placebo proven!). I'm intending to run my s3 injectors through one soon so i'll do the pug ones afterwards and report back....

Baz

I have an ultrasonic cleaner and it's good, done a couple of injectors in it to clean them up aesthetically, but that will not clean them internally and do what ASNU machines can.

lagonda

I had my CTi's injectors cleaned by Madprofessor, they are the original fitments & had done 180,000 miles, never cleaned previously. His report showed that.....they didn't really need doing! Pleased I had them done (& can thoroughly recommend his service), as at least it was another thing to cross off the list of misfire culprits. But perhaps it proves that regular use of Shell V-Power really does keep your injectors clean.

Vatanen

As said before, an ultrasonic bath leaves you in the dark about whether flow rate and spray pattern are still good. Needless to say both are essential for a proper functioning. That's the reason I had my injectors serviced by a Bosch service center. Unfortunately they got clogged up with s**t last summer when I did a complete engine overhaul so they're leaking a bit...

JRL

Just got my 1.6 injectors back from madprofessor with the results if anyone is interested in seeing.

Before

Injector leak test pass/fail spray pattern dynamic flow rate static flow rate

1 pass good 40 27

2 pass bad 40 27

3 pass good 40 27

4 pass fair 39 26

After

Injector leak test pass/fail spray pattern dynamic flow rate static flow rate Injector flow rate increase%

1 pass good 41 27 2.50

2 pass good 41 27 2.50

3 pass good 41 27 2.50

4 pass good 41 27 5.13

mhyphenl

Just a quick thought on clogging up nice newly cleaned injectors after a rebuild, would it be better to run some old ones and allow the s*1t to clog them up first? I'm about to have mine cleaned and then it will be first time start up but i dont want to ruin them!

BlueBolt

Just got my 1.6 injectors back from madprofessor with the results if anyone is interested in seeing.

How much did this set you back??

Seems like yours weren't too bad before they went away too...??

davey sprocket

How much did this set you back??

Seems like yours weren't too bad before they went away too...??

If you see the group buys section, you'll find Madprofessor's post there with all the details. He charges £40 the set of four including the return postage.

Wouldn't you like to see a 2.5% to 5% increase in flow rate and two of the four spray patterns improved? I know I would, so I've sent mine off as well.

JRL

As a precaution I changed my fuel filter before il fit these so there should be little crap left to clog them.

£40 is the best price for professional cleaning I think we will find.

what I did was I bought the injectors off Anthony and he posted them directly to Madprofessor and he then sent them back to me cleaned so my car hasnt been unoperational for a week. So if anyone wants to do the same PM and you can have my injectors cheap and il send them off.

James

Sign in to follow this