• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rsta1466

1.6 Starting Problem

rsta1466

as described in the title i have a staring issue, it wont start. i have recently converted it back from r1 carbs to injection,

i have connected everything back up to where it should be as far as i can see. but now when i try to start it it turns

over but does not fire. also i am getting the brake pad low warning light on the dashboard which is strange being as

there has not been connectors on the brakes for as long as ive owned the car. please help!!!

thanks

Rob

ORB

Have you checked the air flow meter plug is secure??

rsta1466

Have you checked the air flow meter plug is secure??

just been out and checked all the connection, checked that fuel is getting to the fuel rail. but it will still not start.

kyepan

It will manage to start with the AFM disconnected, if you give it lots of throttle, however it will hardly run.

Have you checked that fuel is being injected at cranking, do you have a spark at the coil king lead and at the plugs.

rsta1466

havent tried with the AFM disconnected or checked whether the fuel is actually being injected, have checked the spark plugs for a spark and they all are

Sign in to follow this