• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

106 Gti Reliability?

welshpug

damn touch screen mobiles, and no, not mad at all.

willo-1

damn touch screen mobiles, and no, not mad at all.

what can i say..

welshpug

not much it seems :lol:

Rich_p

Are the pedals in the same place as a base model Saxo?

I drove one years ago & even though I only have size 8 feet I found it very cramped down there

welshpug

yup, you get used to it quickly though, my brother and myself had AX's as first cars, I have size 11's and he has 13's :lol:

davey205

Rattle sounds like it's the start of the team beam going.

Rust isn't on bolt on parts, inner wings under the ecu and fuse box difficult to see without removing them both and the rear can usually be seen from inside the boot they split between the boot floor and arches.

BE gearbox conversions are expensive

2750 seems very overpriced.

Its a 52 plate with 66,000 miles full Peugeot service history, I am touching cloth now though over that beam if it wasn't for that i'd buy it but thats got me worried!

number2301

£2750 is an awful lot for a 106 GTi now, they're dirt cheap, especially in undesirable colours like silver.

General reliability, seems fine to me, I've had to spend quite a bit on mine but it's on 111,000 miles so it's only to be expected. The engine management isn't half as smooth as you'd expect, mine is quite jerky and apparently it's quite common with no particular known fix. ABS sensors tend to go, but that's a cheap fix.

Overall a great daily drive, I get 40mpg on the commute (cruising at 60mph mostly) and it's fantastic fun when you want to push on. No 205, it's clearly a lot more modern than that, but having said that it's nothing like an actual modern car. I'd say my 106 was more fun than the other half's Clio 182. A hell of a lot slower but you can feel it.

205_sunderland

yup, you get used to it quickly though, my brother and myself had AX's as first cars, I have size 11's and he has 13's :lol:

my brothers first car as well, i remember rattling along in his silver one aged 12 and doing 80 of the rhyhope dip (which is a bit of road near mine thats basically a huge jump)

I really really would not have a new style gti, you will meet an old gti and it will leave you for dust. My brother had a ph2 vts and it was the same, old ones eat them for breakie...call me old fashioned but i will not own a car if you can buy an older near enough identical looking one thats very noticeably quicker.

In all the years ive messed with gti's and vts's (not owning them, i must say it was a friend) Ive never ever seen one of the lads entertain one, well one ignored everyone and got a new vts and got bullied by all the others at york dragway untill he got sick and sold it for an older one. Saying that it is each to there own, my friends never pay more than 800 for a gti and ive been with im when weve picked a few vts's up for 250-350 quid, even taxed and tested B)

Edited by 205_sunderland

Steve.C

I have a 106 gti for sale in the for sale section on here!

205_sunderland

There great motors for a run about and track cars, i just dont see how people ask top money for em. They are a cheap decent motor B)