• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Taylor_kid

Another Badly Set-Up Gti

Taylor_kid

So after replacing a couple of the coolant hoses that I thought were suspicious, Cars running and doesn't seem to be loosing too much water (if any)... also doesn't seem to heat up?

The coolant gauge seems to rise up between the first and second notches - just before the first thick one. (about the 11 o'clock mark) I took it to work today, roughly 35 miles each way across some great fun a-roads (sweaty palms! this thing really does corner like its on rails!) and It ran well there and back despite the coolant temp. However...

Half way there the oil pressure dropped off the scale, I checked the oil level before leaving work and it was perhaps a little low, however it was parked nose down a slight slope (not sure if this could make that much of a difference) I couldn't work out if it was a legitimate loss of oil pressure or just the sender but as there was no giant oil leaks where I had parked the car I assumed it was the sender. Hopefully on further inspection I will find the spade connector hanging off somewhere.

Anyway, 1 other question - some C-unit stole the 1.9 & GTI badges of the rear side panel, does anyone know of a place to get replacement ones?

Thanks again for all your help so far!

Taylor_kid

Strange car,

Just popped out to check the oil/coolant now that it has cooled down, oil level exactly the same as before the drive, coolant also the same? Started the car and oil pressure jumped to the centre point....

Do 205's heal themselves? :blink:

Taylor_kid

Hi guys, been a while since I added to this post, as i've been pretty busy and in general, the car has been running ok. Anyway,

parked up at my Parents house for christmas only to splill a large amount of oil from under the drivers side end of the engine, after looking under the car there was oil sprayed everywhere, including the brakes and inside the wheel. I cleaned everything up and let the car run while looking under, couldnt spot any leeks... which leads me to believe its the inner cv boot? I dont know if i have the skills/tools to change this by myself so i was probably going to take it into a garage. Is it worth getting all 4 inners and outers changed at the same time?

-alternatively a leeking vacuum pump? I'll try and get a picture up to show where the worst of the oil is.

- also the car didnt come with driving lights, so ive purchased a pair, however they only came with a positive and negative cable, and there doesnt seem to be any obvious connections near the fitting points, any ideas where they

are supposed to connect to? or can i just patch them into the main lights somehow?

Taylor_kid

probably the classic metal water pipe rusted through syndrome again mines just gone too started as a damp patch, proceeded to prod it with a stick now got a big fo hole in it lol

Got myself one of these allong with some new hoses, which seems to have fixed most water leeks.

Sign in to follow this