• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonnyturbo

Xu10 Turbo Data Link Connector

jonnyturbo

need to get my car plugged in to check whats wrong with it, on my loom i have a 2 pin plug that is marked out as my obd port but when i had it plugged in a while ago as a 406 turbo on an auto elecs diagnostic nothing came up.

does it matter if you choose 406 xm or xantia on the diag or does it haft to be the right car and year the ecu is off?

looking at autodata diagrams its a 3 pin plug?. im not sure how to connect my diag light on my dash up or i would do that, anyone know what pins my 2 pin diagnostic plug should go to on the ecu? my loom is from pug1off and when i rang them they said the 2 wires could be the wrong way round?

Edited by jonnyturbo

jonnyturbo

bare in mind this is for a 306 but id get more help here then the 306 forum

ok been looking at some wiring diagrams and its showing the plug to be a 3 pin? i thought it was a 2 pin plug? on the gti6 loom it shows the warning lamp wire going direct from the ecu to the multi plug? should i do the same? iv heard about people having to use a live somewhere for the obd reader, can any body shed any light on this?

Daviewonder

It's a 3 pin plug on my 2.0 turbo. I'll have a look to see if I can find my pin numbers.

jonnyturbo

i have the pin numbers on autodata, have you got a pic of the plug and have you ever had yours plugged in? will any normal auto elec have the right device for it with the 3 or 2 pin plug?

Daviewonder

I can get a pic of the plug in the week. I've never had it plugged in. You can make a little device to flash out fault codes using a switch and an LED.

Josh_Quant

on my mi16 loom its a green 2 pin plug

welshpug

and my 405, and the MP3.1 on my 205.

not seen anything other than a 2 pin or the DL16 plug.

M@tt

From your posts above it looks like you have Autodata, if so, then there's instructions on there how to get it to show error codes using an LED and switch.

After selecting the vehichle on the main screen its something like diagnostic error codes 2nd button down on right hand side iirc

jonnyturbo

went on 406 turbo on autodata clicked on diagnostic trouble codes and the plug its showing there is a 16 pin plug, also says the ecu can only be accessed by diagnostic equiptment, anybody know how to do the led and switch test as i dont really want to pay for an auto elec to come out and then find out it doesnt work

M@tt

ECU pins 55, & 13 go to the Diagnostic socket, use your multimeter and check that the 2 wires in your socket match up to that.

if so have a look a Citroen XM (93-00) (same ECU) on autodata again at Diagnostic Trouble Codes

it explains how to retrieve the errors using this diagram

I'm not sure which way round the wires are but try one way and if it doesn't work try the other

post-3557-0-12349400-1320087614_thumb.jpg

jonnyturbo

thanks very much for that, found it on autodata now so will give this a try tommorow and let you know of the outcome. ;)

jonnyturbo

sorry for late update i work nights and getting up before nightfall is hard :lol:

ok so just been outside and of all days it starts raining but it didnt put me off! anyway i followed the picture of the setup of LED + switch and either way i attach the wires + LED to the diag plug the LED lights up permanently and will not go off either way with switch on or off? pin 55 and 13 go to my DLC connector. If it helps i dont acctually have my mil warning lamp wire connected so dash warning light does not work.

jonnyturbo

anybody ever done the test before or know of another way to flash the codes?

M@tt

did you follow the procedure?

post-3557-0-32472900-1320527504_thumb.jpg

post-3557-0-04703700-1320527660_thumb.jpg

Edited by M@tt

jonnyturbo

following the diagram with the switch and L.E.D the only thing iv done different is put the earth for the switch on the battery, with the ignition off the light is constantly on once the switch is activated and no difference with the ignition on (L.E.D lit up perm)

jonnyturbo

have you done this before matt?

M@tt

my engines not in my car so not done it yet, however if you're having no luck with that then look at this (which is essentially the same thing)

http://www.tooled-up.com/artwork/ProdPDF/DRA68079ins.pdf

that basically only uses 1 of the pins in the connector, so instead try connecting the +ve leg of the LED to pin A of the diagnonstic socket and then a switch between the -ve leg of LED and an earth/battery -'ve terminal and repeat the procedure to read the codes

HTH

jonnyturbo

il give it a go and report back M@tt thanks

jonnyturbo

just been out and tried it and all that happens which ever pin i put the led in it just lights up and doesnt flash at all. i have 12v comming through my diag plug with ignition on.

jonnyturbo

anyone info on wether im suppost to get 12v through the diag plug or any other way of flashing my codes as i want to get this fixed asap.

thanks

jonnyturbo

hunting on the gti6 forum they use the same 2 pin diag and is the same non obd2 compatable and they say nothing but snap on and diag2000 works on our ecus which means im going to haft to call an auto elec out :( thanks for the help though everyone and hopefully this will help others

jonnyturbo

just had it plugged in again and going off the numbers on my ecu (217) its an xm turbo 93 model with 2 ping diag plug which is what got typed in on the snapon diagnostic machine and again nothing came up!