• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marcdimma

205 Rear Diffuser Pics

marcdimma

hi does any1 have any images of a rear diffuser fitted to a 205 are they even worth attempting

Henry Yorke

usually the just get caught on things and look tatty. You could try the Seat Ibiza front splitter on the back but that is a bit old hat now. Have a look at some of the more modern bumpers and see if you can graft something on. There's not much demand for bodykits on here so you may struggle for jnput!

Batfink

From a visual point of view I'm sure a carbon diffuser looks real nice but the reality is unless its a pure racecar it wont do squat as the car is simply too high off the ground

tri_longer

Have a look for Wardy18's project he has done a full diffuser, undertray and splitter. Very nicely done but not something to be knocked together on a Sat afternoon that's for sure.

Cameron

From a visual point of view I'm sure a carbon diffuser looks real nice but the reality is unless its a pure racecar it wont do squat as the car is simply too high off the ground

+1

Not only does it need to be very close to the ground, it also needs to be used with a full flat floor and front splitter otherwise it's completely pointless. Not sure if you know but a diffuser doesn't actually produce any downforce itself, it's only there to improve the efficiency of the undebody.

Edited by Cameron

marcdimma

thanks for replys i know the ment to be makin knackerd air into clean smooth air im mainly after the look as i know it a lot of work to get a fully working splitter and diffuser i was hoping to get this splitter to fit in betwen me exhausts but i dont really wanna stray too much from the dimma look any1 good at photoshop to see what it looks likes

diffuser.jpg

diffuser2.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

Henry Yorke

That one is way too big. You want to look at one where you can keep the spare wheel if you can. Look at a Focus RS one as they have the cut outs for twin exhausts. Also look at Clio 197s. Both of these are more vertically will look better

marcdimma

That one is way too big. You want to look at one where you can keep the spare wheel if you can. Look at a Focus RS one as they have the cut outs for twin exhausts. Also look at Clio 197s. Both of these are more vertically will look better

good info the focus 1 looks good has a similer curves to the dimma bumper could make that fit a mate has a rs gunna get some measuments ill try photo shop it see what its like

irmscher

That looks awful on the Dimma imho :lol:

marcdimma

im 50/50 on doing it love the dimma look and dont want too ruin it tryed to see what it looks like

sifffuer.jpg

skinner2k3

I think that could look quite good.

welshpug

need to lose the rocket launchers and drop the ride height a lot for it to look good I think.

SurGie

Looking good as long as it does what its supposed to do for the effort.

marcdimma

not sure the rs diffuser is a workin 1 more for looks i fink ill keep thread updated once i get round to the rear bumper got to sort engine out first

wardy18

need to lose the rocket launchers and drop the ride height a lot for it to look good I think.

love it :P:lol: and i must agree, a little OTT for the application but looks good, but looks dont result in times!!

Henry Yorke

it looks good, but will look naff with a number plate over the top of it. You'll also be introducing another item that may go tatty over time and spoil the effect. The back currently looks quite clean and classic with a modern twist with the smoothing

marcdimma

im not sure were im gunna put the reg plate if i do it gunna buy the rs diffuser n have a play with rear bumper hopfully i dont mess it up tryin

barry d

i think it looks great ,cant wait to see it fitted. :)