• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jarrus

My Daily Driver....

Jarrus

This is my daily driver....

A 1994 205 mardi gras 1.8 turbo diesel

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

I fitted the leather myself from a 309 goodwood, the speaker grills are now changed over ;)

DSC00823.jpg

Full service history 69,500 when bought 71,500 now, 1 owner and all previous MOT's just went through an MOT about a week ago, no advisories... awesome

Electric windows, PAS, remoted central locking and has a sun roof....

also has a starter button ?!?!?

DSC00821.jpg

No idea why it was installed but it works and has to be started with the button as the key won't do it, fine by me....

Plans well, I change my mind a lot these days so best to play it by ear on this one, but I have lots of questions,

GTi front subframe is it worth the upgrade? Also will GTI6 swing arms fit in a non-gti rear beam and if so will is widen the rear track?

Cheers for looking

Brett

allye

IIRC TD 205's came with GTI front subframe/anti roll bar. Seats look great! Could do with some pepper pots and lowering a tad!?

Jarrus

I don''t really like the pepper pots that much, they look nice on certain 205's but I don't think they would work here, as for lowering, yes it is on my to do list.

Paul_13

Depends what wheels you want to run governs weather you can use gti6 arms or not, yes they fit bit increase the track.

1.9 gti wheels on a diesel rear beam rubs like crazy and that's from experience.

muddatrucker

Start button might have to do with the starter solenoid, this is a solution sometimes used on a STDT.

Jarrus

Why did they bugger up or something?

I did actually think about getting the arche cut back and using some rallye arches with gti6 cyclones, gti speedlines or even mini maglite wheels....

allye

Even before you widen the track of the beam on a base model shell you restricted to what wheels you can use. It varies from shell to shell, I know some people can run S2 106 Rallye wheels (6 inch wide) with no issues, but I had major rubbing which I needed to sort. You'll never be able to run 15" wheels without cutting the arches right back.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=125628&st=0

:)

Josh_Quant

is a diesel axle wider is it??

Jarrus

I really don't know if the diesel rear axle is wider, I'd be tempted to just transplant some gti torsion bars and ARB in there and just keep the rear drums tne axle seems like it's in good nick, then again replacing the whole thing might be easier going off how easy replaing the one on my 306 with a GTi6 item, 6 bolts, hand brake cables, brakes lines and out....., I know more about 306's than 205's since I've had a 306 for the past 4 or 5 years now, plus I got a project on that, I didn't feel the need to post it on here since you've got my gti and this to look at,

I was told that the turbo diesels have the GTI subframe in the front, but this is a ghetto spec turbo diesel rather than an SRDT or a dturbo, having said that though I have PAS remote central locking and 'leccy windows.....

@allye, yeah I figured as much, I do like the s2 steelies with rallye raches and it might be something I might go for, but any arch cutting won't be donw by me because I'd probably make a hash of it, to the body shop it would go....

Also what tyres do you use? 185/55R14 are a common size but unless you go for the track spec rubber then no one makes a performance oriantated tyre for that size, any suggestions?