• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mucka

R1 Carb Wiring Loom?

mucka

hiya, as anyone fitted r1 carbs on here, im stuck with the loom side, as i cant seem to find any diagrams :(

thanks mike...

welshpug

carbs dont have wiring :unsure:

mucka

sorry miss typed, well the wiring is different isnt it??, sorry novice at this :(

pugpete1108

having not fitted carbs i couldnt be sure but i would imagine the ignition side would be the same? so long as its still got a dizzy?

fueling would be mechanical thus needing no electric and no wiring

Miles

as said, The ignition side stays the same so I doubt you would find any custom diag's just look at the normal Engine bay/ECU one and that will tell you everything, just make sure you get the right year as there are a few different types some easier to mod than others

mucka

its because i was told to take the ecu and loom out, and that the (i think) 7pin brown block in the bay, got wired straight into the fuse box???

Carbs4me

im pretty sure you can keep your ecu and wiring you just dont need your Injector plugs plugging into anytihng, or AFM as they become void.

Thats my understanding of it...

mucka

well looks like me getting another loom and ecu LOL!

BlueBolt

Be iterested to know how you get on with this as I was looking at the same things for my next years project.....

unariciflocos

Don't. Been there, done that, don't.

mucka

anybody local to me who could pop over to have a look, i would pay fuel, plus for helping me out :)

davey sprocket

You have read the article on how to fit carbs on the main site haven't you?? Here

unariciflocos

It's quite simple if you put your head to it.

I assume you know how to mechanically mount the carbs on the manifold. On the ignition side just put the standard ECU and distributor back in and wire them properly. Leave the injector connectors out and insulated.

As for the carbs, you need to take out the fuel pump from the fuel tank and replace it with a copper pipe pickup, then get a low pressure fuel pump in the engine bay, the bike's would be ideal because that shuts off at the correct pressure and you don't need a fuel pressure regulator. If you use a different aftermaket fuel pump then fit a fuel pressure regulator, then from there go to the carbs. the carbs should also have a return line, but I can't quite remember now.

After this you'll have to take the car to a rolling road for jetting. The biggest pain will be finding needles in order to prperly sort mid range and part throttle fueling. You will need an AFR gauge for this.

mucka

yes carbs bolted on, see ive seen on sites saying take ecu and loom as not need, and the brown block just gets wired up, so now you saying i need loom and ecu in ? looks like hunting for a loom as i sold mine on :( ...

mucka

and the link says to take ecu out aswell :huh:

welshpug

yup, you dont need the ecu but you do need the wiring loom to control the ignition side of things

mucka

Damm :( nearest breakers by me I know of if nealy 2hrs away, ow well its worth it

Miles

It's quite easy to wire up, just a switched +, tacho feed and Earth, Fuel Pump & that's it

mucka

Bit gutted I sold my loom on, and working away next week, so can't get one untill 2weeks :(

mucka

so miles... do i need the full engine loom? as ill try see if ebay as any get one orderd, missing me car now :( wish never started it now, but to late to turn back haha......

and whats the tacho feed?

really struggling on the electrical side, and cant afford to take to garage just yet :( if any one know any diagrams or draw any, except the one on main site i dont really understand lol

thanks for all your input guys :)