• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jarrus

My First Gti

Jarrus

I intend on hanging on to it for a while, also when I've finished workign on it (so to speak.....) then I will be driving it rather than leaving it with it's uber low milage, seems pointless to be to own such a good drivers car and leave it in a garage, well I know thats what I'm doing at the moment but I have my reasons and it will make an appearance on the roads next year, I might even take it for a road trip around europe.

But the one that will get the modifications is my 205 TD and my 306 TD, i'm currently undergoing an engine transplant in my 306 to a 2.1 TD with a TD04L-13G shoud be a nice fast road/daily driver after and I will work my 205 TD over as a track spec car I reckon, or I might just sell it, will have to see how funds allow, problem is that I like far too many cars and can't afford to keep them all.... Typical....

bensonmi

if you want to sell the gti let me know ;)

dont think a euro trip would be a good idea if you want to keep the mileage down! :D

Edited by bensonmi

eddie bullit

Look after it and drive it mate! Would be great to moth ball it but more fun to use it. A road trip around Europe sounds great. The wife's got a mx5 mk2 and I keep trying to persuade her to do the same seeing as my parents live in Spain we've Got a means to an end!

Edd

Jarrus

I agree, I do want to keep the low miles but it needs using some time and a long road trip would be a good way to blow the cobwebbs out of it, or at the very least visiting some nice welsh mountain roads. I needs more work on it that I pointed out before, all of them small things but it's a long list..... then again it's 24 years old so.....

Kettmark

When it's back on the road, insure it on a low limited mileage policy (3000?) that way you will still use it but also keep the mileage down. Thats what I do with mine & its got 80k on it.

Wosrt thing to do is not use it.

speno

Now thats a proper barn find :o) good luck with it