• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eoinfl

1.9 Gti 2 Gear Jump

eoinfl

Hi, only bought myself a 93 205 1.9 gti recently, ive notice after changing from 1st gear to 2nd gear coming off the clutch the car is harshly jumping forward, i know it needs new seals in 3rd gear (which i have) but dont see how that is effecting 2nd gear? not very familiar with the 205, this is my first, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Edited by eoinfl

Baz

High idle speed? Or am i interpreting wrong?

Tom Fenton

Not sure what you mean by harshly jumping forward, it is that your engine mounts are soft through old age so it is the engine flapping about you can feel?

Sinbad

To test the engine mounts-put it in 4th (turned off obviously) and get a friend to rock the car forwards-if the engine is flopping about like a flaccid nevermind then see which mount is causing this.

Edited by Sinbad

eoinfl

idel speed is fine, dont think its the engine mounts, when coming off the clutch and accelerating after changing into second it jumps forward as if i floored it?

Mark Greenwood

sure its not the lower control arm bushes?

Sign in to follow this