• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monty400k

New Driveshafts, Now No Drive?

monty400k

By the looks of it they may have supplied you the wrong shaft, so they can't refuse you to return It. What make is it and what's the part number, I'll try x ref if tomorrow

Hi

The N/S shaft is made by Shaftec from Andrew Watt, part number on the receipt is P106L, the O/S is a Q Drive from ECP, part number 654735161, hopefully this info makes sense...?

Thanks,

Jon

stuart1298

Haven't got down to my garage, but the last digit on an ECP number is the quality, if it's 1 it means it cheap quality, get the one that ends in a zero. The one that ends with a 1, is made wrong. Pay the extra and get the one that's ends with a zero, should be a GKN make

monty400k

Haven't got down to my garage, but the last digit on an ECP number is the quality, if it's 1 it means it cheap quality, get the one that ends in a zero. The one that ends with a 1, is made wrong. Pay the extra and get the one that's ends with a zero, should be a GKN make

Finally worked out the problem, as the N/S shaft didnt seem to be fully engaging in the gearbox I was convinced this was the problem, I removed the o/s shaft tonight to find that it was the wrong one, I fitted it and it lined up with the oil seal and the intermediary bearing, when I removed it tonight and compared it to the old one the section of the shaft that goes into the box was shorter, and more importantly the splined end was smaller in diameter so it hadn't been engaging at all...

Glad to have finally solved the problem, although very annoyed with ECP as I've wasted a lot of time over the last week trying to get the n/s shaft to fit, not amused... Thanks for everyones advise!

Jon

stuart1298

How do you think I feel, I have to deal with people that have had the parts wrong, you find something like that wrong and no one does f*** all about it, any props getting stuff from ECP inbox me and I'll give you the numbers if I can

Sign in to follow this